Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had become interested in brioche knitting, and bought both Nancy Marchant's video class and one of her books.
And found it so much easier to do than it looks!
After knitting just two swatches, I felt confident enough to tackle something "for real" - the choice was this scarf for my daughter-in-law - and is the first Christmas present done for this year!
The yarn is by Bergere de France, "Pure Douceur", 1 3/4oz per ball, 58% Superkid Mohair, 37% polyamide, 5% wool. Hand-washable.
The slide is just straight brioche knitting, no pattern.
The pin is being "re-gifted" - I received it as a gift about 3 years ago, and never once used it. The pink stones are the identical colour to the pink yarn.
I'm sorry, I didn't keep track of how long it took me to knit.
I used almost all of both balls of yarn, just enough left to tuck away for possible repairs in future.
Needless to say, I'm proud as a peacock.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
And you should be proud...I love the effect of Brioche, but have never been able to master is...perhaps I will give it a try. I have some instructions, so all I have to do it be brave and get it started!!!!!

Was this one of the patterns from the class or another of your own???

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dragonflylace said:
And you should be proud...I love the effect of Brioche, but have never been able to master is...perhaps I will give it a try. I have some instructions, so all I have to do it be brave and get it started!!!!!

Was this one of the patterns from the class or another of your own???
Not my own: The pattern is "Bart & Francis" from page 222 of Nancy Marchant's book "Knitting Fresh Brioche, Creating Two-Colour Twists & Turns".

One thing I found, that really helped me in reading the pattern, is to retype it, and cut the the instructions for each row into "bite-sized" pieces. I left this document on the computer, and moved it so that the "bite" I was working, sat just above the bottom edge of the window, then moved it up for the next "bite". Also enlarged the font a lot, so I could easily read it at 3 feet away, which is the closest I can have my laptop and still knit.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
EstherOne said:
Not my own: The pattern is "Bart & Francis" from page 222 of Nancy Marchant's book "Knitting Fresh Brioche, Creating Two-Colour Twists & Turns".

One thing I found, that really helped me in reading the pattern, is to retype it, and cut the the instructions for each row into "bite-sized" pieces. I left this document on the computer, and moved it so that the "bite" I was working, sat just above the bottom edge of the window, then moved it up for the next "bite". Also enlarged the font a lot, so I could easily read it at 3 feet away, which is the closest I can have my laptop and still knit.
Thanks so much for the information.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom