Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the trippers, one is for knit leader, one for row counter.
The first one I bought on eBay, very dirty and bent, but it worked. Then I got two more at estate sales, that looked perfectly new, but the trippers were too short for the row counter. Leanneco on eBay sells a pair for $6 = shipping that fits. But I was wondering why 2 new carriages both have trippers that do not touch the row counter. I have not checked with knit leader, because I don't use one.
I was going to sell the extra one, but if the trippers don't fit, I can't do that and don't want to buy another set of trippers. Are they supposed to fit another machine? I used on 260 and 270.

Attachments

· Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tallie9, maybe it was not clear what I tried to describe. First picture shows the set of trippers that came with the first very much used intarsia carriage. Picture 2 shows the pair that came with the second and third intarsia carriage, both seemed new in box. Those 2 trippers in picture 2 are similar, not identical. The arm that sticks out to top is longer in one. But what trips my row counter is the bottom side piece with the longer one in the first picture, all the others don't. I am sure the top part trips the knit leader, and it probably would trip it twice but it also needs to trip the row counter. Or don't you count rows on knitting machine when you use the knit leader? I might have tripper A in the B position, but that should not make a difference.
What Leanneco sells is the pair in picture 1, the pair in picture 2 just does not work with row counter.

· Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rita in Raleigh,
you saved my day. You are so right.
I started out with the 260, but when I stumbled upon a 270 I packed the 260 away. I got it out right now and yes I had forgotten the different type of row counter. Strangely the very first intarsia carriage I got and used on the 260 had the trippers that also fit the 270. So on the later intarsia carriages I thought the included trippers were wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom