Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help converting this pattern to a Silver Reed machine. It's for hairpin lace.
weaving brushes on
tuck wheels on
'end needle selection cams' set outwards
h-p lever-N
tuck buttons both
KC knob-N and KC ( two different settings in different parts of the pattern)
On my machine I have weaving brushes, the tuck is set on the stitch dial, don't know about the 'end needle selection' part or what the KC knob does.
The pattern calls for a punch card in xoxo pattern, which I have on my machine but I don't see how they set it up on the Brother. On mine you change a lever on the carriage to read the pattern and then move the punchcard lever to use it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
these are settings for the particular machine, you need to translate them to the real 'instructions'....if they say to put the weaving brushes 'on' or 'up'....read your book to see IF you have weaving brushes and then how to set them to be in working position...all other instructions need to be translated the same way....

What are they telling me to do on the Brother? How do I do that on the Silver Reed? There are so many types and models of machines, that there isn't one answer to your question. Good luck, I have used a number of patterns from other people's books for my Brother, but you just have to work with it a bit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi i have a knitmaster 700 and a brother 950i idont think it is possible to do this as the knitmaster has its own lace carriage and the brother dosnt on on the brother it has your main lock and a lace attachment the only way would be to use brother punch card and your own machine instructions

·
Registered
10,407 Posts
Hi,
I dont know if I can explain this fully.
The end needle selection cams.
The end needles are selected, regardless of the punch card to D position on a brother to avoid the stitch dropping.
On a knitmaster this would be C position.
To stop the machine doing this on some Brother machines you turn the carriage upside down and with a tool turn a screw on both the right and left cam.
On other Brothers, mainly the electroics, you have a lever on the top of the carriage called a KC knob, this does the same thing and you just change that.
The best way for me to explain it is, if I'm doing intarsia and this function isn't cancelled it then carries the intarsia colour to the end needle every time.
I hope that this helps you.
Sue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom