Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully, Viddie or someone else will answer my question. I have the pattern for the Buddy Blankie Bunny Lovie and it says to use US #8 needles (5mm) and 2.75 mm (U.S. 2 3/4). I figure this is a mistake and most likely means a U.S. #5. Is that correct?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
CBratt said:
Hopefully, Viddie or someone else will answer my question. I have the pattern for the Buddy Blankie Bunny Lovie and it says to use US #8 needles (5mm) and 2.75 mm (U.S. 2 3/4). I figure this is a mistake and most likely means a U.S. #5. Is that correct?

Thank you in advance!
Hi- The needles are a US#8 which is a 5mm here I have a briggs & little needle guage which gives US & Metric sizes both & that is what it says , also got a fellow knitter to size and it says the same, so a US 8 is equal to 5mm metric , hope this helps & also the the other size is a US#2 which is equals2.75 metric, I use PRYM needles and that is what is on the pkg. they came in.- sorry about the 2 3/4 should not have put that in the patt. { just US#2= (2.75mm) is how it should read . }= Viddie
:)

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get that Viddie but what size are you referring to when you say (2.75 mm) (US 2 3/4)? Did you mean U.S. 5??

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
CBratt said:
I get that Viddie but what size are you referring to when you say (2.75 mm) (US 2 3/4)? Did you mean U.S. 5??
hi- I forgot to add that part, so I edited my post, boy that was fast getting on the board.... so you can read my edited post , it will help , sorry about the confusion !
note= on Row 3{EARS} you change from US#5 to US # 2 and knit 6 rows even- which I was told just plain knitting, no Inc's OR Dec's . Viddie :)

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exactly! I just went with a U.S. 5 and it looks pretty good and about the right size after I knitted it.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
CBratt said:
Exactly! I just went with a U.S. 5 and it looks pretty good and about the right size after I knitted it.
Yes- because you taper down to the point ....also someone else asked in a previous post about "knit even" =(plain knitting )in some older books & older knitters of years gone by, I have noticed this ... which in other words means just plain garter st. knitting. before I posted my written pattern on the site here I took the time to knit again one ear, one arm, and the entire head & wrote down as I knitted- it will work out for you . =Viddie :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom