Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dalex1945 said:
. Wondering what yarn you used, and what size is the finished shawl?
I bought the yarn on EBay. It is called Super-soft Silk Protein Yarn and the EBay dealer is called seller_from_China. The yarn is truly soft, feels lovely, and it's a beautiful pure red. I did find that it split easily when I was knitting.

I don't know what "silk protein" means in the context of yarn, but I would not hesitate to use this yarn again. I'm not happy with the way it blocked, though. I pinned out every picot, but it sprang back a little when I removed the pins.

I made the larger version and I think I made a mistake somewhere and made it a little bigger than the pattern. I had a few too many stitches at a critical stage, and that meant I had to do extra repeats and decreases. My finished shawl is about seven feet long and fifteen inches wide at the centre.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
brain56 said:
Just gorgeous!
Does anyone have a free version of the pattern to share?
As I recall, this pattern cost $6.00. It was published this past spring. I love free patterns, but I certainly don't begrudge the cost of purchased patterns either. This shawl has several distinct components: the lace edging, the part with the leafy motifs (and lots of nupps), the wide lace panel, and then a stocking stitch fill-in with an eyelet neck edge. Creating the designs, putting them together in an artistic way, and then cresting the charts so that other people can duplicate it must have taken an immense amount of work and skill.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom