Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

If you have time between trips with Comreg or other friends could you please re post your lovely recipe for Cauliflower soup.
I have misplaced my copy & it is a great favourite in my house.

Yesterday Lidl had cauliflowers for 49cent, usual price is €1.29, sorry I do not know the conversion rate to Australian $. I bought 4 then could not find the recipe!!!

Hope your DH is continuing to improve - healthwise.

Thank you

·
Registered
89 Posts
Many thanks for the soup recipes! It's been a pretty chilly week here in Melbourne and cauliflowers are big, beautiful and only $2 at the moment so I know what I'll be doing tomorrow! Bought one yesterday and made a batch of cauliflower pickles, now for some soup to warm us up! Spring is just around the corner so I'm going to enjoy the last of Winter. Thanks again!

·
Registered
21,630 Posts
BarbAL said:
Many thanks for the soup recipes! It's been a pretty chilly week here in Melbourne and cauliflowers are big, beautiful and only $2 at the moment so I know what I'll be doing tomorrow! Bought one yesterday and made a batch of cauliflower pickles, now for some soup to warm us up! Spring is just around the corner so I'm going to enjoy the last of Winter. Thanks again!
I grew up in Melbourne but I have never heard of cauliflower pickles.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
knitwitgalaxy said:
Hi,

If you have time between trips with Comreg or other friends could you please re post your lovely recipe for Cauliflower soup.
I have misplaced my copy & it is a great favourite in my house.

Yesterday Lidl had cauliflowers for 49cent, usual price is €1.29, sorry I do not know the conversion rate to Australian $. I bought 4 then could not find the recipe!!!

Hope your DH is continuing to improve - healthwise.

Thank you
Is something wrong with her husband??

·
Registered
60,320 Posts
Hope this is it!!!!!!

Page: 1 2 3 4 next>>
Jun 5, 2016 17:05:06 #
bundyanne07 (a regular here) Joined: Aug 24, 2014 Posts: 13223 Loc: Bundaberg Qld Australia

It is cold here in Bundaberg this morning - 7.00am and I have a throw rug wrapped around me as I sit here reading my KP 'Newest Topics' and my thoughts turned to making soup for lunch.
Soup and a crusty bread roll followed by a piece of fruit is my favourite lunch during the cold weather.
I have a million-and-one soup recipes in my folder so thought I will post one recipe each day for a while so here is todays recipe and I will be making this for our lunch today. The recipe can be halved or you can freeze the remainder for other days.
I don't use cream in my soups but use skim milk instead to keep the calories down.

BACON & CAULIFLOWER SOUP
1 Tbsp oil, 4 bacon rashers, finely chopped, 1 brown onion, finely chopped, 2 garlic cloves, crushed, 6 thyme sprigs, 750g cauliflower, 1L vegetable stock, 300ml pure cream, Salt and pepper, to season, Chopped parsley, to serve, Cracked black pepper, to serve
Heat oil in a large pan. Add bacon, onion, garlic and thyme. Cook for 5 minutes or until bacon begins to brown. Cut cauliflower into small florets and thinly slice stalk. Add to bacon with stock and cream. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Process soup in a food processor until almost smooth. Return to pan, stir, and season with salt and pepper.
Serve soup topped with fresh parsley and cracked black pepper.
Serves 4.
bundyanne07

·
Registered
10,694 Posts
jvallas said:
If anyone would care to have a pdf of the many soups that were posted in that time period, I collected them.
Thanks! Fantastic list. Bundyanne has provided so many wonderful recipes along with others.

Someone asked regarding her husband--He fell and didn't go to the doctor right away and later had complications so did the hospital stay and probably is in care right now or at home. So Bundyanne may not be online for a while. But keep sending well wishes! Times like this are tough.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom