Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the storm of last night we all woke to another perfect morning and looked forward to the first official day of our gathering.
Before morning tea there were groups of happy club members around our part of the showgrounds not only enjoying the sunshine but chatting and laughing and that is why most of us keep coming to our gatherings.
One of our ladies had been sorting out her wardrobe and she brought 'millions' of clothes for us to try on and if we liked them they were free for the taking. Needless to say the amount of clothing dwindled considerably and I wish I had been a lot slimmer - I mean about a size 10 - as I really liked some of those clothes but I didn't come away empty handed as I have two lovely scarves for one of my friends.
After the 'fashion parade' I was booked for another game of cribbage with my friend and this time he beat me by a mile!!
Lunch was enjoyed back in our caravan and after that I had a nanny-nap for about an hour and that is something I seldom do but after chasing after my husband half the morning I was just about worn out - I must be getting 'old' after all!!
Afternoon tea and the official opening by our president then followed happy hour and after that 'us ladies' disappeared back to our caravans to prepare our meal for a communal dinner in the hall and after the tables had been cleared we had a short quiz and the big prizes were a chocolate bar for the first three winning members.
Now my husband and I are back in the comfort of our caravan and while I am typing this and downloading todays photos he is watching the Friday night football on TV - and so another enjoyable day is almost at it's end.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
What a great time you are having!I am looking forward to a week near Flatford Mill in September( where Constable painted The Haywain) . Just me and Hubby on that one , then in October we get together with 3 more friends to have our own 'rally' . We have been doing this for about 15 yrs now. Gazebo goes up for evening gatherings , games in the field ( boule croquet etc) themed evening this year is Scottish so kilts etc . Not sure where I will get haggis that time of the year , might have to attempt making one myself.

·
Registered
17,788 Posts
Enjoy your time. I'm off to see your prior posts.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thank you, my parents belonged to a camping group and we were always going some where for a camp out or convention. My hubby was never much for such things sorry to say= couldn't take sitting/standing around playing games; bonfires in the evenings. I missed doing it. Enjoy your camp out and please keep posting pictures.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom