Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We woke to another perfect morning and a little earlier than usual our friends were up and about getting their cars and caravans ready for the journey back to our homes after morning tea.
When a friend is having difficulties getting their 'gear' packed up other friends come along and help and that is what happening to us yesterday morning (we are now home again) and we are forever grateful for their help.
Morning tea time arrived and we gathering in the hall for the last time for our president to announce the birthdays and anniversaries that have occurred since the last gathering and then we have the raffle draws but as usual, luck was not with us again!!
One by one the caravans headed out the showground gates and soon we were following and heading home after what had been another wonderful few days away.
Once we were back home we unloaded most of the caravan and then I had two BIG loads of washing to do and while I was hanging out the second load my husband decided to roll the caravan awning back up again after he had rolled it out as soon as we came home because it had dew on it and he didn't want mildew forming.
I did not hear his cries for help as I was at the clothes line but fortunately our neighbour across the road heard him and released him - - somehow my dear husband had managed to get his right arm stuck between the arm of the awning and the wall of the caravan and could not move!!
Thank goodness Glen and Choon heard him.
Fortunately my husbands arm is not too badly hurt and I am most surprised he does not have as much bruising as I thought he would have - yes, he was very lucky.
Needless to say after being 'on the go' continuously for the past four days my husband and I both 'slept like babes' last night and now we have meories and photographic record of all we did with our friends at Gin Gin.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,874 Posts
Designer1234 said:
I enjoy your posts Bundyanne -- I watch for them. I would love to visit the area where you live.
Me too! Where else can we "visit" Australia, Ireland and UK, Oh yes- that other place that is a tropical island? I feel like I've been to so many places and don't even have a passport!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Beautiful pictures, I love the blue skies and white fluffy clouds, the beautiful fields and meandering river, what a wonderful drive home. The names of your towns are so different than we hear in CA and it's like a mini holiday to picture those places and roll the names off the tongue. Thank you for sharing and glad your husbands arm was not seriously damaged.

·
Registered
31,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
31,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you to everybody who asked about my husbands arm.
The news is good. He has full use of it and obviously did no damage so he was very lucky. The bruising is just beginning to come out so I will keep an eye on that for a few days but I reckon he's gong to be okay and hopefully, he has learned a lesson of not taking down the caravan awning without my help as it really does need two people to do it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom