Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
13,722 Posts
Would you believe my 5 year old GD went to a makeup birthday party a month or so ago. Each child had her face done and the take home bags were full of makeup!! The minute Eliza got out the door she asked her mum to get this stuff of my face it feels funny.

· Registered
13,722 Posts
ohsusana said:
I'm quite amazed, did your daughter know what kind of party it was? Maybe I'm an old fuddy duddy but that seems wrong when the child is only 5. Face-painting yes, but not makeup .....surely??
Well, yes and no. She thought they may paint their fingernails or something like that and maybe face painting. The whole party was over the top with a make up artist photographer and a chef!! It was held in a function centre and set up like a wedding reception. Totally unbelievable and over the top. My daughter thinks it would have cost at least 10K.

· Registered
13,722 Posts
ohsusana said:
Gosh, whatever happened to pin the tail on the donkey and pass the parcel ? It's going to be a hard act to follow for future parties isn't it? Sounds like the parents have got more money than sense. By the way, were any little boys invited?
No, there were no boys. That birthday girl will get a shock when she attends my GD 6 Th party in a couple of weeks. Good old fashion fun will be on the menu. Someone has to bring a stop to this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom