Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the Bunty Bunny by Debi Birkin but I thought $5.00 was a little pricey for one pattern. Does anyone have a pattern similar to hers and knitted? Does she have a book out? her bunnies are so adorable with the clothes but every pattern has a price.

Hugs
Michaelena

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
michaelena said:
I love the Bunty Bunny by Debi Birkin but I thought $5.00 was a little pricey for one pattern. Does anyone have a pattern similar to hers and knitted? Does she have a book out? her bunnies are so adorable with the clothes but every pattern has a price.

Hugs
Michaelena
I went to Deb Birkin's website in England and bought from there. The pattern is 2.5O pounds, which is close to $4 US. So I paid $4 by not buying it on Ravelry.

It's a lot of work to design and write patterns. No one is making a killing selling their patterns. I hope people will respect her copyright and not illegally share copies of their patterns. Each person should have the integrity to buy their own copy, and support this talented designer.

We all deserve to be paid for good work.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand what you mean by that. I have many patterns I don't mind sharing with people and also some yarn shops do the same because we buy the yarn there. It's good to share and I know all the work that goes into it but on the other hand 4.00 per pattern, even for the clothes is a little steep. I want to make these for my grandchildren only, I will not open a store selling bunnies. And in this day and age with the economy and all it's nice to be able to do something nice for someone. If there is anything I can do for you just let me know.

Thank You
Michaelena

P.S. I asked for anything similar to the bunny pattern that is free

·
Registered
346 Posts
I purchased a book of baby knits authored by Laura Long which has a similar bunny pattern, but of course I bought the book. I will say, however, that with the number of things I have made and still intend to make from this book, makes the cost of this book more or less a non-issue. I prefer to invest in a $15.00 book of multiple choice patterns than to purchase a single pattern... bigger bang for the buck! Laura Long's site has a number of really cute stuffed animals to knit. I did a little search and did not find anything for free of the caliber you are looking for.

·
Registered
380 Posts

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
michaelena said:
I understand what you mean by that. I have many patterns I don't mind sharing with people and also some yarn shops do the same because we buy the yarn there. It's good to share and I know all the work that goes into it but on the other hand 4.00 per pattern, even for the clothes is a little steep. I want to make these for my grandchildren only, I will not open a store selling bunnies. And in this day and age with the economy and all it's nice to be able to do something nice for someone. If there is anything I can do for you just let me know.

Thank You
Michaelena

P.S. I asked for anything similar to the bunny pattern that is free
KnittingPatternCentral has a wealth of free toy patterns.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank You for replying, I will look this book up. Your so right about buying a book with multiple items instead of paying just for one. I sent an email to the Bunty Bunny lady to see if she had a book for sale but got no answer. This book sounds great
Thanks Again,

Hugs
Michaelena

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just did a search on Ravelry.com and there were a few cute toys on there, two bunnies which are fairly close to the Bunty Bunny and free. One is Honey Bunny and the other one is Little bridesmaides and page boy. All of which I have on my computer and am looking forward to trying out! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I reviewed the Debi Birkin site- really cute toys. I just recently found a book on Amazon for toy knits by Debbie Bliss. Equally cute, similar style. You can order a copy of books at discounted prices if you choose options like "used- like new" from private sellers using Amazon as their sales vehicle. Good luck :) I guess I like those books! :):)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom