Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently bid on a large box of wool being sold at a silent auction. I saw the balls of wool on the top of the box; they were such vibrant colours, I didn't pay a lot of attention to how they felt. It turns out the box has been labelled with a marker to say that the yarn is "Rug Yarn, but not latch hook".
So ... the yarn is somewhat coarse ... not something one might like next to the skin.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can make from this yarn? or any patterns? I would guess it is a worsted weight.
Fortunately I didn't pay a lot of this 'mistake' and it was a learning! altho at 71 years of age, I should have learned to be more cautious by now!

·
Registered
12,306 Posts
If it is wool how about making some bowls and felting them?
I am sure there are some u-tube videos that could help you if you have not done this type of medium. It is lots of fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom