Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next week I am going to Hobby Lobby, AC Moore and Michaels. I want to buy some yarn that goes with what I already have. Also some DK weight yarn which I don't have any of. And I have lots of free patterns using this. Most of my yarn is RH super saver. I knit only hats from preemie on up. I also want to get some variegated yarn maybe to go with the yarn I have. What suggestions do you have for additions to my stash? I want acrylic. I also have some of what I think is baby yarn it has no wrapper. I don't get to these stores very often as they are an hour away so I want to make sure I get what I really want.

·
Registered
13,563 Posts
I like Michaels Loops & Threads Snuggly Wuggly Big Yarn. It's a large skein of baby yarn.
I buy one white and use it with all my leftover skeins of baby yarn to make striped blankets for charity.

Don't forget to bring coupons.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Maybe go onto each store's website and browse around there for yarns. That may prompt some ideas on what to buy so you can make a list before you leave on your trip. Of course, the selections on the websites are always greater than what can be physically kept in the stores :(

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
if you have a camera phone, take a picture of what you own and bring it with you. I think you have to see what they have and decide. I always have to feel it on my skin, see if there is any shine ( which I don't like) etc. It's nice that you can buy it in person and not rely on the web for everything. Enjoy the trip.
If you don't have coupons, and you do have a smart phone, go to www.retailmenot, and put in the store name and their coupons will come up. If you are in the store and do that, the coupons will automatically come up.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
knitty672 said:
Next week I am going to Hobby Lobby, AC Moore and Michaels. I want to buy some yarn that goes with what I already have. Also some DK weight yarn which I don't have any of. And I have lots of free patterns using this. Most of my yarn is RH super saver. I knit only hats from preemie on up. I also want to get some variegated yarn maybe to go with the yarn I have. What suggestions do you have for additions to my stash? I want acrylic. I also have some of what I think is baby yarn it has no wrapper. I don't get to these stores very often as they are an hour away so I want to make sure I get what I really want.
If you like Red Heart super saver, you will love Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn. It is about equal in price and produces a very good fabric.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom