Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used DWM 4 ply sock yarn? I want to make a sweater from it and not sure how much to order. I haven't picked a pattern yet but like EZ sweater directions. I made one with mohair and tends to be itchy if something not worn under it. Thank you for your help. Hope everyone stays healthy and Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving.
Dale

·
Registered
13,179 Posts
Idledale said:
Has anyone used DWM 4 ply sock yarn? I want to make a sweater from it and not sure how much to order. I haven't picked a pattern yet but like EZ sweater directions. I made one with mohair and tends to be itchy if something not worn under it. Thank you for your help. Hope everyone stays healthy and Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving.
Dale
You might want to clarify what yarn you mean. You have BWM in heading and DWM in post? BWM to Aussies is Bendigo Woollen Mills but I am thinking you probably don't mean that.

·
Registered
19,983 Posts
I don't know about the yarn you're looking at but I'd find a similar looking pattern using the yarn weight I intend to use on Ravelry and check the yardage. I always get more than I think I'll actually need. Extra yarn is better than coming up short any day. Suzanne Bryan and Cheryl Brunette have videos for determining how much yarn is needed but they lose me early in the process.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I generally look at the yardage per ball/ skein for the yarn called for in the pattern, multiply the yardage by number of skeins called for; once I know the yardage, I will look at that on yarn at the store, and purchase amount of yarn needed , I generally end up with more, but in these trying times, it is always better to have extra for your project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom