Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the PONY brand of knitting needle. I called a local wool shop but they do not have the type I am lookiing for. I have Arthritis in both hands and cannot use steel needles. I was given a pair of #8 and one #10 of this brand. The particular needle I am wanting is clear plastic with glitter throughout they are so comfortable to use. I have contacted Spotlight they only have the plastic coated steel ones. PLease can someone tell me where to go to get a supply of these needles. Thank you so much. Bernie
I have seen them advertised on the net but it is going to be easier to try and get them somewhere here in NZ. Thanks

·
Registered
19,648 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi HIlary long time no see. Yes I rang KW this morsning she has never heard of the type i am looking for. They are so comfortable to use. What is the name of that shop on the one-way North it is down by the Harley Davidson shop ? Perhaps it is worthh looking at them. I will not stop until I find them that is for sure. I rang the ASrthritis office they have not been asked for knitting needles before but did ak that i keep them posted for their future reference. Will catch up later. Cheers Bernie

·
Registered
19,648 Posts

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
I added to my post above while you were replying to me.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Saw that ad in the last weeks Star yhaoo. Guess where I am off to ??? LOL I actually emailed a wool place up in Lower Hutt. I have since heard that wooden neddles are great for wonky hands too . Oh well the search will start again Ha HA

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you ladies every single one of you. It never ceases op amase me how many people jump in to help out. I have contacted the distributor for these knitting needles they got back to me this afternoon. Oh dear the very ones I want are no longer being made and haven't been for sometime. Oh yeah right just my luck always buying some thing I really love only to find the item is no longer available. Drat !
Many thanks again for all your help. A special thank you to MayasOma you know what I mean . Cheers everyone Bernie

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Bernie01 said:
I am looking for the PONY brand of knitting needle. I called a local wool shop but they do not have the type I am lookiing for. I have Arthritis in both hands and cannot use steel needles. I was given a pair of #8 and one #10 of this brand. The particular needle I am wanting is clear plastic with glitter throughout they are so comfortable to use. I have contacted Spotlight they only have the plastic coated steel ones. PLease can someone tell me where to go to get a supply of these needles. Thank you so much. Bernie
I have seen them advertised on the net but it is going to be easier to try and get them somewhere here in NZ. Thanks
Hello Bernie01,

Deramores UK have the PONY brand needles and have listed on one and a half pages. I am giving you the link for Australian ourchases, but when you open the link on the upper left hand corner there is a flag with (change) in brackets and click on New Zealand for currency conversion.

http://au.deramores.com/pony-knitting-needles

Hope this is of some help to you.

Cheers
Irene (ernai)

·
Registered
18,401 Posts
Bernie01 said:
Thank you ladies every single one of you. It never ceases op amase me how many people jump in to help out. I have contacted the distributor for these knitting needles they got back to me this afternoon. Oh dear the very ones I want are no longer being made and haven't been for sometime. Oh yeah right just my luck always buying some thing I really love only to find the item is no longer available. Drat !
Many thanks again for all your help. A special thank you to MayasOma you know what I mean . Cheers everyone Bernie
It is so good to see you knitting again! It sure is a pick=me-up.
Patty

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,
I also have problems with my hands and wrists and have found using steel needles impossible. I have changed over to circular needles for most things and have found the PONY and SWALLOW brands are lovely to use. I think I got the Pony ones from Knitworld in Lower Hutt a few years ago and the Swallow ones I bought at The Wool Company in Utiku. Sometimes if you are really lucky you can find plastic type needles in garage sales or Opportunity shops as I have done.
Good luck

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just found out about square needles going to ckeck them put tomorrow at Knitworld in Dunedin. I contacted the office in Lower Hutt they were very helpful but told me the ones i were looking for are no longer avai;lable Just my luck LOL

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Deb. It is tough when the hands go on the blink . Kniiting is the only thing that I have to help me unwind. I appreciate everything that folk are sugguesting and the offers of help keep coming in. This a majical site . Thanks Bernie :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom