Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone;

I have joined the forum earlier this year and have enjoyed all your words of encouragement, praise and knitting photo's. I have also known that there are a lot of you that have belief in God and especially prayer.

I am the grandmother of almost 7. The 7th one is the one I am discussing about right now. My oldest son James, already has 3 children and is expecting this 4th (the 7th grandchild into the family). He had to go to Calgary, Alberta Canada in hopes of finding work, unfortunately having to leave his fiancee Melissa and 3 children in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I found out that tomorrow Melissa has to go for an amniocentesis. the doctors believe that James Clifford Jr. may have downs syndrome. I only found this out a few minutes ago. They have kept this pretty quiet. I know that Melissa cannot handle 3 children ages: 7 yrs, 4 yrs and 2 yrs and J.C. possibly having downs syndrome. Please pray that the baby will be fine and not have this problem. I know it will be up to God on this, but if there were enough prayer request, God could have a change of heart? I would love that child weather he had this problem, but his parents won't be able to handle this. I will do my best to keep you posted as soon as I know of the results.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. God Bless each and everyone of you.

Angie

P.S. the pic of my avatar is the three grandchildren that is expecting their little brother J.C. Kayleb is on the right, Rieley is on the left and Mackenzie is on my lap.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
My prayers are w/you and the family now. Praying for strength and courage for all no matter how it turns out. Blessings come in odd ways sometimes. :|

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Praying for you until you know what GODs plan is. Hang in there. You will be needed either way.

·
Registered
11,019 Posts
Praying that your son and daughter in law keep the faith, and that J.C. will be fine. Whatever will be is up to God as you said. Prayers for you all. :-D

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Praying for a Down's free baby, but if he does have it, I hope it's mild.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sending prayers and courage for you and yours...I will also add you and your family to our prayer list at church this week. Keep your chin up, God works in mysterious ways.

·
Registered
508 Posts
My prayers are with the Mom and the Dad that they can keep their concerns hidden from your three grandchildren (who will worry). Will pray for comfort, guidance and peace for whatever is God's plan for the unborn grandson. Remember that if He brings you to it, he will get your through it.

Thank you so much for sharing your burden with us, and allowing us to pray for your family.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone. You have no idea how much myself and this family appreciate your prayers.

I too am praying that the doctor is wrong and what he saw on the scan was just dirt on the monitor.

She was just getting her freedom where she was working part-time and being able to socialize with women her age group or there abouts. if this baby has downs syndrome, her chances of returning to work will be cast out the window.
Please keep the prayers going. They mean a lot to each of us.

Angie

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I believe God doesn't give a person more than they can handle. Two of my cousins have Downs and they are the most precious children ever! One graduated high school and works at a grocery store stocking shelves. I know a lady who has a Downs girl and she graduated from High School last year. They are special children and I believe God gives them to special people. My prayers are going up that your son and his fiancee except God's Will if James is born with Downs. They are such loving children and need love returned. God bless!

·
Registered
99 Posts
There's no denying that children with Down syndrome bring a special set of problems to a family but these are the most loving and loveable people in the world. As we have become better educated in ways to deal with them we have learned that many are capable of being educated, participating in sports (Special Olympics) and holding jobs. If you try not to see this as a tragedy, but look for the silver lining in this dark cloud, you may find that a child with this problem brings very special blessings to a family willing to receive them. I worked with many of them while in nursing school and found their unconditional love to be a special gift from God. I wish you the best no matter which way it goes and know you will all be able to handle things better than you think.

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Angie, God brings blessings into our lives to enrich us. God will bring the grandchild He wants the family to have. If the child is not a "normal" child, then there will be a way provided by God Himself to help you all with the resources and faith you all need. He did this for me who did have a child born premature to a single Mom who had no piece of paper saying she knew how to do anything. I survived with many blessings. My son also had ADD and the difficulties that go along with that. Every time God met the need and provided me the education, wisdom, knowledge and a peace of mind to know how to raise this child. Jesus says Blessed are the little children, let them come to unto me. Some humans remain child-like all their life, and they are loved no less than others. Prayers too that God's will will be done in this situation. Prayers too that God supplies a job for James.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom