Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some yarn that I cannot figure out what it is and whether it is washable or not. I love the yarn and it has the label. DSWV-HARLEKIN, Deutsche Wollverwertung, on the front of the label. The back - aus eigener deutscher Wolle hergestellt. Any suggestions where I might find out more about this yarn? Thanks

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
grannyfabulous4 said:
I have some yarn that I cannot figure out what it is and whether it is washable or not. I love the yarn and it has the label. DSWV-HARLEKIN, Deutsche Wollverwertung, on the front of the label. The back - aus eigener deutscher Wolle hergestellt. Any suggestions where I might find out more about this yarn? Thanks
It says it's been made from their own German wool. Have you tried googling DSWV-HARLEKIN? Has it got the sign on the label showing a hand dipping into a tub half full of water? That means it's hand washable.

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
This is German, which I no longer speak. :D
If you have Bing, you can translate it there.
Best of luck!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the quick replies. Yes it does have the hand dipping in the pan of water, so I was assuming it was washable probably, but wanted to make sure. There is another symbol that I have no idea what it is, and a P with a circle around it.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
grannyfabulous4 said:
Thanks for the quick replies. Yes it does have the hand dipping in the pan of water, so I was assuming it was washable probably, but wanted to make sure. There is another symbol that I have no idea what it is, and a P with a circle around it.
If I remember correctly, that could be the sign for dry cleaning, but I'm really not sure.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
grannyfabulous4 said:
Hi Grannyfabulous, is the dog in the avatar yours??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom