Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am crocheting an ear flap hat and I'm just done with the flaps and I wanted to now go do the i-cord as it is attached but I didn't want to knit it as the whole hat is crocheted .There is a way to crochet it isn't there? Is there a double hooked crochet hook for this? If not there should be.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
One can also crochet a double chain for the ties vs the I-cord - hook on, chain the amount needed then chain back to the beginning and sl st to end off; Repeat for the other side.

Donna Rae

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can get double hook crochet hooks, the double sided items are crocheted with one. I think it's about 8-10 inches long. Most places that carry yarn and supplies should have one. Hobby Lobby, Michaels, others. Good Luck!

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Donna: An I-cord will flatten to some degree whether crocheted or knitted and both will be strong and ideal for making straps for purses, etc. That's why I suggested a double chain to apply to the cap; It's solid and not flat.

This link shows a crochet ear flap cap with ties that appear to be made of a HDC (half double crochet). Perhaps it will give you more ideas. It's FLAT and looks good to me.

I hope this helps! @@

Donna Rae

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi cdb1949,
Have you tried to crochet an idiot cord like the knitted one ? I'm think it should work just like the knitted version. you can slide back and forth just like you do the knitted and I think it would be round also. I think I'll experiment on it.Thanks ,Marla

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom