Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Bethwoo said:
Or listen to music or anything else while you knit? I cannot do anything else while im knitting, total concentration onna wool
Depends on what I'm knitting. I always have socks on my circular needle. With the foot and sometimes the cuff, it's just knit around and around so it's a no-brainer. I can't stand to just sit and watch tv programs. I need my hands doing something...NOT eating!

Now if it's my Stevieland lace shawl all bets are off! Need total quiet and concentration to do that.

·
Registered
16,345 Posts
I find it depends on what the other thing is...I can listen to some music (like classical) but if it's something where I'll listen to the words, I lose track of both the music and knitting because I can only focus on one thing at a time! TV is often on here in the evening, but I find I am able to tune it out if I'm not that interested in the show. The pattern I'm using also makes a difference: if it's simple, I can usually do both, but if it's complex or something where I have to count each repeat (like lace), I tend to work in silence.

·
Registered
10,969 Posts
I can, but it depends a little on what I make, and what is on the telly. There are some tv shows that I consider "background" noise - either they don't interest me, or I can follow them enough without watching actively - those ones I can knit just about anything. BUT if I want to pay more attention to the show, then I need to be knitting on a more mindless project :) Which is why I always have more than one project going at a time!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
jumbleburt said:
It depends on the pattern I'm working on. If it doesn't require any thinking or counting, I can read, talk or watch TV while knitting. If it requires any concentration at all, no.
Precisely...sometimes I just have to concentrate....

·
Registered
11,019 Posts
The tv is usually on and a movie is in. my husband always says, how can you knit without looking at what your doing?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm the same way as many of you. It depends on the project I'm doing. If it's a simple project I can watch TV at the same time. If I need to focus the TV becomes background noise.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I can knit & watch TV or listen to music if I am knitting somethin simple like a dishcloth or baby afghan done in a simple pattern stitch. My mom's dad used to listen to a ball game on the radio, watch TV & read all at the same time be able to tell you what was happening in all 3.
Lisa

1 - 20 of 238 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom