Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,975 Posts
Ours are very aggressive and very messy. Get that black poop on your shoes or clothes and it’s hard to get rid of and they are prolific poopers. Cheeky devils chase us off our own property! I thought swans were very aggressive, but Canada geese are more so. They charge at you in groups.

·
Registered
20,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ours are very aggressive and very messy. Get that black poop on your shoes or clothes and it’s hard to get rid of and they are prolific poopers. Cheeky devils chase us off our own property! I thought swans were very aggressive, but Canada geese are more so. They charge at you in groups.
We have some big lakes and we live near a river. They don’t usually occupy this field. Guess they were resting. I was surprised to see them. Yes they are poopers and we won’t be cutting through there next walk. These were not aggressive in fact they watched us and some were ready to take flight.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I live in Jacksonville Beach Florida and at our parks we have a lot of Canadian Geese also at my grandson's High School there out their also he tells everyone to stay away from them as they will attack.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
We have them in our local park, they are so aggressive I can't walk my dog there because they will go after him. And the poop!!! My daughter and I call the parking lot where they leave their mess the goose poop highway!

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
They've placed resin coyotes in the park at the local beach to discourage geese. People got too upset when the authorities shot them and relocating something with wings is just kind of an expensive time passer.
Of course they have to chain the fake coyotes to concrete bollards to keep people from stealing them.
It doesn't work well, the geese enjoy the beach as much as anyone.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
They have been flying past here for a few weeks now. Heading south for the summer. We also have snow geese and swans. The fields are full of them eating and resting before continuing their migration.

Reactions: JoRae

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
I reread my post, sounds like I don't like geese, oops. My house is on a small lake and there are smaller lakes nearby, some more marsh than lake, really. Mornings and evenings in the summer are filled with the sounds of the geese and the ducks, raising their young and shouting at each other low vees above as they go to and from their feeding places, raggedy vees when the youngsters fledge. In fall the skies are filled with vees high, high above, a single solitair honk floating down now and again.
They are really an integral part of daily life here. Each fall I seek out this song
"Wild goose brother goose, which is best, a wandering foot or a heat at reast?"
Fall is the time when I want to move, want to go... somewhere, anywhere, and I must ask that question.
Yep, I guess they're a little more than grass guzzingling poop factories, lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top Bottom