Linda

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Great hats!!!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
What a beautiful collection! I love all the bright colors.

I knit hats for the homeless here in Boston, and the organization I donate to recommends sticking to dark colors. Maybe I'll do some for the local hospital so I can try something a little more cheerful now and then.

Great work!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Where do you send your hats? when i am bored I knit or crochet childrens hats, and have about 20 of them right now. i don't know what to do with them.
I'm in Rochester, NY. Does anyone know anywhere close to here to submit them to?
Thanks fellow charity knitters

·
Registered
455 Posts
What an awesome collection and group effort. Beautiful hats! Fantastic! I'm a new knitter...self taught with a Nici McNally DVD, a few YouTube videos and increasing practice. I have yarn coming this week, as I want to knit caps for our troops over in the Middle East for Operation Caregiver. I have until October to get a few hats done and I want to thank you for your inspiration. I'm trying to interest a few friends also, but you have the bar set very high. GREAT JOB.

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
My knitting group gives hats, scarves, gloves and mittens to local elementary schools. The schools have a box in their office for kids to come and help themselves if they have "forgotten" theirs. Many of the kids in these schools are from low income families, so most don't really have these things. We have some great groups that give coats to these kids, but not hats and gloves. It is really nice when I volunteer at one of these schools and see my hand knit items being worn and loved by many of the kids.

·
Registered
321 Posts
OUR CHURCH KNITTING GROUP MAKES HATS FOR OUR CHILDRENS HOSPITAL IN LITTLE ROCK. WE ALSO MAKE HATS AND THINGS FOR A HOMELESS SHELTER AND 2 ORPHANGES IN OUR STATE. SOME OF OUR MEMBERS ALSO KNIT FOR THE ELDERLY AND NURSING HOMES.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom