Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just finished this black cardigan for my daughter to wear to work. Sorry about the quality of the photos. It is very hard to photograph details of anything black. I bought the pattern from Bendigo Woollen Mills - Pattern PT8313 - 8ply Serenade (although I used Ice Yarns Master Alpaca). The original pattern only had four buttons on the bodice but
I decided to put buttons all the way down the front.

http://www.bendigowoollenmills.com.au/

Attachments

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
Not easy to knit thos e blcak details either and they look wonderful. I loke the addition of all the buttons.... it makes ait a very prety and very serviceable cardi.... one from which she will get so much use. Nice work.....

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
What a beautiful sweater! I'm sure she will wear it proudly for many years to come. Thanks too for the link to the yarn mill. Their product look very nice and I like the large balls of yarn. Less joining.
Vicki

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do find it difficult to knit black at night time, so I restrict my knitting to days with good light. Even though I have a strong lamp I can use at night, it is hard to pick out the pattern. I am currently knitting a jumper with the same wool as this cardigan. I am using circular needles and the bottom is stocking stitch but the bodice is double moss stitch. Even in the daytime the moss stitch is hard to see. It's taking a bit of time but I'll finish it eventually.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Beautiful sweater. I know how hard it is on the eyes to knit on dark shades, even some navy shades are tough. Best in sunlight like you said. I'm sure your daughter will get much wear out of this beauty.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
4350catherine said:
I have just finished this black cardigan for my daughter to wear to work. Sorry about the quality of the photos. It is very hard to photograph details of anything black. I bought the pattern from Bendigo Woollen Mills - Pattern PT8313 - 8ply Serenade (although I used Ice Yarns Master Alpaca). The original pattern only had four buttons on the bodice but
I decided to put buttons all the way down the front.

http://www.bendigowoollenmills.com.au/
Your daughter will love this sweater. You really did a lovely job on it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
That cardigan is beautiful!!

I have no idea how you could knit with black yarn!! I made a basket-weave pattern sweater for my son. Of course his favourite color: Black. I nearly went blind making that sweater. Such a lovely sweater too. But he went and gave it away. He told me that he prefers to wear plain T-shirts.
I told him, "I don't plan to knit you one of those either."

Your work is absolutely gorgeous! Your daughter will love it. Her friends will be envious of it too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom