Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
ElfiesTouch - you are so kind --- I love this technique and it's not too difficult.

Since we are getting close to the Fall season -- I found a tutorial showing how to make a card similar to the balloon one - but this one is done with fall leaves. I like this tutorial even better than the balloon card, since they use a darker color cardstock under the "happy" die cut -- it gives a shadow and makes it stand out more!!

Hoping this shows up as a link: (You may have to do a copy and paste it into your computer!)

And you can do this with any kind of image -- doesn't have to be stamped -- can be printed from the computer. Just use one that has a close together image, like the balloons are.

Here's the tutorial:

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/an-autumn-hello/

You could also do it with feather stamps or any other stamp that covers the page.

Maybe we should all try this technique and post our results ??

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more Supplies and here you come up with all kind of new techniques. Shame on you. Pretty soon we have to move to a bigger house, just so I have enough room for all my tools.
But it certainly looks great.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Ha, ha, ha -- I'll send you some die cut 'words' -- no need to buy anything else!!

I've also seen a video where they use FUN FOAM on the back of the die cut word -- that way you only need to cut one layer of the foam and not so many of the cardstock layers. Never tried this -- might need to experiment!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
elfiestouch said:
I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more Supplies and here you come up with all kind of new techniques. Shame on you. Pretty soon we have to move to a bigger house, just so I have enough room for all my tools.
But it certainly looks great.
First of all, Happy (belated :sm12: ) Birthday!!! That is a lovely card Carol.
And yes Elfie, we all want you to buy more stuff and move to a bigger house. I don't know the house you are living in now, but there will be a very nice and big house available soon next door! You will have to deal with more snow than you're used to in Texas though, but the neighbor is into making cards so winters are not too bad while sharing a hobby :sm02: :sm02:

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No more Stuff for me. Or at least I promised myself, just after I was looking for one of the Punches I just saw. But I am not buying. I still have not used the "ScanNCut' I bought in November, and looking at one of my shelves, I have used the cut'n'boss maybe thee times. So it's time to use what I have and not add to it. And right now, I don't use anything, cause my arm is so bad, I have a hard time doing anything. So quit sending me ideas.
When we moved to Texas, I told my husband to choose wisely, were he wants to live. We moved so many times, that I forgot all the places we lived. So no more moving for me either. Snow or not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom