Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the cards and embellishments for Chameleon3388 for the month of July. Very late caused by our move and reconstructions and all the issues caused by that. Thank you Chameleon for your patience!!

Theme of the month July was Flowers, so for the embellisments I choose to add a variety of scented cardstock with roses. Chameleon loves butterflies so I hope she will enjoy the embroidering template.
(You can also just prick the butterfly and use some glitter on the holes, a quick other use for this template.)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Looks like we all have to get together to smell he roses. I like the Garden Setting with all the flowers best.
The template for the twirly butterfly can be used in a variety of ways. I have to look into that way of decorating the Cards. Maybe we can have a month of stitchery on Cards some day.
Great cards as always.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Very beautiful (as always), Anneke!!

I love the simplicity of the first card, although I have never done quilling -- but it is gorgeous. I would never have the patience!! The colors are wonderful too -- The garden flowers is a neat one too with all the elements of a garden -- iron gate on edge and the pottings.

I've not seen any scented papers -- wondering where you get these??

I'm still gathering stitching patterns and plan to try that, once things settle down. Looking for a pumpkin pattern for fall -- Where do you buy yours Anneke?? I see the one above is a Marianne design -- I think it is the same designer who does intricate dies and is from the UK -- I'll have to look up those patterns.

I think everyone understands how busy you have been with your housing -- so don't feel bad about being late!! The wait is DEFINITELY worth it with all these beautiful items!!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for all the compliments, I am just glad my craft room is starting to look like a craft room instead of the inside of a moving truck.

BirdWatcher7 said:
Very beautiful (as always), Anneke!!

I love the simplicity of the first card, although I have never done quilling -- but it is gorgeous. I would never have the patience!! The colors are wonderful too -- The garden flowers is a neat one too with all the elements of a garden -- iron gate on edge and the pottings.

I've not seen any scented papers -- wondering where you get these??

I'm still gathering stitching patterns and plan to try that, once things settle down. Looking for a pumpkin pattern for fall -- Where do you buy yours Anneke?? I see the one above is a Marianne design -- I think it is the same designer who does intricate dies and is from the UK -- I'll have to look up those patterns.

I think everyone understands how busy you have been with your housing -- so don't feel bad about being late!! The wait is DEFINITELY worth it with all these beautiful items!!
Quilling is not that hard to do. If you're interested just look at some tutorials (on YouTube) and give it a try. I am just a beginner but that is more than enough to make a card every now and than.
The scented papers are from Holland. Sorry but I got those from a store that has new stuff all the time and this was just a one time buy only. But since you are my partner this month....

Marianne Perlot is Dutch. I have met her a couple of times and she is not only a very nice lady but also talented and has a wonderful group of designers working along with her. She does have lots of gorgeous dies and I am glad some are available here in the US. Of course you can go online too.
I am not sure if I have a pumpkin pattern but I will have a look and let you know.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Anneke -- you are so kind, but don't add any more work for yourself -- you have enough going on right now!!
I can look up Marianne patterns -- and the rose fragrant paper -- you don't have to share them all. Keep some for yourself -- I thought they were from a local supplier!!

Need to look up youtube instructions for quilling!! Might give it a try if you say it's that easy!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Anneke, All the cards are beautiful. I think I like the garden one best. I love the quilled one, but I haven't tried that either. The stitch pattern is beautiful and I will have to try doing that. I guess I love using different papers and 3D embellishments right now. Soon I have to get my stamps out and use them. My craft room just turned into a bedroom for my step-son, so everything is a mess right now. The step-son is more important right now. Love everything.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I came across scented paper by accident, after a customer told me about it. I save the Perfume samples that come in the Newspaper on Sundays. When you open the samples and place them with your stationery, you will have great smelling Stationery or even cards. It lasts quite a long time, according to my customers. You wont get a Rose-fragrance, but you might get the fragrance from quite an expensive Perfume.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
elfiestouch said:
I came across scented paper by accident, after a customer told me about it. I save the Perfume samples that come in the Newspaper on Sundays. When you open the samples and place them with your stationery, you will have great smelling Stationery or even cards. It lasts quite a long time, according to my customers. You wont get a Rose-fragrance, but you might get the fragrance from quite an expensive Perfume.
That is a great idea!
If you use a x-large ziplock or a closed (plastic) box you can use all kind of different scents without your room smelling like a parfume department. If those samples work, other things might work too like those special scented oils. I am going to try that and see if that's going to work too. After all, in the "old" days lady's perfumed their love letters...

·
Registered
587 Posts
I didn't know you could use dryer sheets before embossing -- great idea!!

I have used them in new dies for ease in getting the pieces out -- but I prefer to used waxed paper -- I think it works better.

Will remember to use it before embossing!! Thanks, Anneke!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
wow what beautiful cards and loads of info into the bargain like most I haven't tried quilling maybe one day. Got a card making class coming up and an applique class terrible work keeps getting in the way how dare it tut tut

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
zara55 said:
wow what beautiful cards and loads of info into the bargain like most I haven't tried quilling maybe one day. Got a card making class coming up and an applique class terrible work keeps getting in the way how dare it tut tut
Ha ha ha, just have fun with all your classes!
Will you post the card(s) you're about to make in class?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi Anneke
Such beautiful cards you sent me this month. I wiil be trying the stencil soon I hope.
I cannot pick a favourite card I do like the one with the quilling. The rose marked paper is lovely, think I'm going to do a lot this winter.
Thank you Anneke
Roseanna

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
chameleon3388 said:
Hi Anneke
Such beautiful cards you sent me this month. I wiil be trying the stencil soon I hope.
I cannot pick a favourite card I do like the one with the quilling. The rose marked paper is lovely, think I'm going to do a lot this winter.
Thank you Anneke
Roseanna
You're welcome

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom