Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a silly question. I made a scarf/shawl with "kidsilk trio and dune" by Trendsetters and was wondering which cast off method to use. Should I use a regular cast off or a stretchy cast off? It was knitted on a size 13 needle so it is nice and airy.

·
Registered
9,165 Posts
How did you cast-on? stretchy? I cast-on and knit one row with a larger needle and cast-off the same way, using a larger needle for the last row and cast-off; I have a stretchier end.

There are stretchy cast-offs but practice first to see which one works best with your project.

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
here's my fave... use the knitted fabric on the knitting needle in your left hand and a crochet hook in your right hand...whatever BO you decide to use, the crochet hook will do half the work for you. You will be knitting with it till time to pull one st over the other and then it shows it real talent. BO takes half the time with this method. When choosing the size, remember that the 2 that sound alike are the same size....(8 and H).... count up or down from there to find out which size hook is correct, now do you need bigger for a BO? make that adjustment and go.... I keep the matching crochet hook with the knitting needles of that same size in my storage bags... just easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom