Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Good idea :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Great idea. I tried using an empty oatmeal box, but my yarn was too large to fit inside. I also use containers from dishwasher tabs - the large ones you get at Costco and BJs warehouses. They are clumsy to take with you, but for knitting at home they work well.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Love the cd spindle idea...too bad I don't work in high-tech anymore, where they were plentiful. We have one at home, but it's still full of cd's and I doubt my husband will let me scavange it before it's empty!

·
Registered
14,208 Posts
Great idea..thinking out of the box..
Thanks for sharing.

BTW all ..I changed my name a bit lol..

Camilla

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
such a cool idea!!! that will so work with yarn mask. Now I have to search for all my empty cd sections. thank you so much. what a great way to store it. easy to see whats in there, easy to change yarn, THANK YOU very much. They sit so nice on a shelf also. and they fit the cakes so well.

I just did a search for them on ebay, they have them empty, a 10 pak of 100 cd-dvd cake boxes with spindle for 12.99 free shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260777219001&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_536wt_886

·
Registered
200 Posts
Darn! I just threw one away! Next one - I'm also going to paint something on the outside to personalize it. I'm a music teacher, so I go through them regularly.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom