Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I bought bikes to ride, I needed something small to carry my cellphone and a little cash in that I could just loop over the handlebars so I decided to knit cellphone sweaters which will also work for a water bottle or my favorite "adult" beverage when sitting by the campfire. I have now knitted several for friends and daughters who have seen them, they love them.

Attachments

·
Registered
36,988 Posts
donna873 said:
My husband and I bought bikes to ride, I needed something small to carry my cellphone and a little cash in that I could just loop over the handlebars so I decided to knit cellphone sweaters which will also work for a water bottle or my favorite "adult" beverage when sitting by the campfire. I have now knitted several for friends and daughters who have seen them, they love them.
I made myself one of those-- yours is far prettier than mine-- it's just a BAG with nothing fancy on it -- must use some of my stash and make one similar to yours, it's lovely :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sara Ann said:
Would you share pattern? We are snowbirds and would love one when we are in Florida to take to beach, flea market and out to eat.
I didn't have a pattern, I just done it like I would a sock with worsted yarn. I used Judy's magic cast on and casted on 16 on each needle.
knitted each stitch on the first round,
second round I done an increase on second and next to the last stitch,
knit each stitch on the next round increase the next round and done this until I had 20 stitches on each needle. decided on the design I wanted to do and done it until it was the same height as my phone
then I done k1 p1 rib over the next 10 stitches, rearranged my stitches so they were divided in the center of the front and back.
ribbed back and forth decreasing at the first and last stitch until I had 2 stitches tie off.
reconnect to the other side doing the same thing, when you get to the last 2 stitches. do icord until it is about 6 inches long and sew it to the other side, crochet a simple little flower and leaf sew them on and done.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Very lovely !! Thanks for sharing !(gives me an idea for the grand daughters!)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom