Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son will be playing for the Breezy Point Northstars hockey team this year so I will be traveling to central MN many weekends this winter. Are there any yarn shops in or near Brainerd? I'll have lots of knitting time in the car as it's a 6 hour drive from the UP.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Congrats to your son. Sounds like fun to me. I know there is a shop in Brainerd as we have a friend near there. Google knitting shops in MN and you can get a list. Enjoy your drives we did that for 5 yrs when our son played at UMD.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I will go online and check. I wanted to see if there's a favorite out there. Also the names of shops can be deceiving if it's a shop that carries multiple craft items. Our local yarn shop is called Sew Irresistible due to the fact that its also a sewing/fabric shop.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
YES YES YES! We have two marvelous shops in Brainerd! My favorite is called A2Z Yarn and it is located in the Franklin Arts Center (an old jr. high school). Here is their info:
A2Z Yarn
Franklin Arts Center
1001 Kingwood St. Ste. 115
Brainerd, Mn 56401
(218)454-0133

The other shop is also an antique store/yarn shop called:
Utrinkets Yarn~Antiques~Resale Boutique in historic downtown Brainerd.

617 Laurel Street
Brainerd, MN 56401
Phone: 218-454-9276
Fax: 218-454-4019

Both places have open knitting and classes, etc. ENJOY your visits to our great Northland in MN! Very pretty up here, lots of lakes and trees, and of course, knitters!

Grand Rapids, MN also has two knitting shops and there are some in Duluth, MN as well. Not sure which way you will be coming from.....you can "private message me" for more info if you like. Welcome to KP!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom