Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a couple of glasses of bubbly cheer on New Year's eve. Feeling happy and creative, I picked up my current knitting project which was, by the way, almost completed.
Well, when I looked at my knitting the next morning, I thought that some naughty goblin had picked up my scarf and ruined it by making holes, and making the pattern all cock-eyed.
So, I won't combine those activities again. I'd better make a note to myself about that!!

· Registered
2,320 Posts
Yep.....I have the same problem....knitting and drinking don't mix :D

· Registered
7,116 Posts
Susie J said:
I had a couple of glasses of bubbly cheer on New Year's eve. Feeling happy and creative, I picked up my current knitting project which was, by the way, almost completed.
Well, when I looked at my knitting the next morning, I thought that some naughty goblin had picked up my scarf and ruined it by making holes, and making the pattern all cock-eyed.
So, I won't combine those activities again. I'd better make a note to myself about that!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Oops, Susie! Will you be able to fix what that goblin did to your scarf? (:)

Donna Rae

· Registered
413 Posts
I found out the hard way that certain of my Rx's are a bit sedating and don't mix with writing e-mails. I got a message from a business acquaintance asking me what the last 3 lines of my last e-mail meant. I had typed 3 lines of absolute gibberish; I have no idea what they pertained to or meant. Fortunately, the gentleman is very understanding and laughed along with me, but I've been very careful about doing e-mails when I've had to take that particular drug. And I sure don't drive then!

· Registered
4,921 Posts
Cold medicines can do the same thing. I had to rip out several rows the other day. I felt fine after taking the medicine, but my brain wouldn't talk to my fingers - lol.

I remember taking a codeine medication after surgery several years ago. I felt completely clear headed, but I could not do a simple crossword puzzle. The clues made no sense, and I think I was only able to put in 2 answers. After I was off the medication a few days later, I finished that same crossword puzzle in less than 10 minutes.

· Registered
3,693 Posts
I don't drink these days, excpet for the occasional shot of schnapps in my hot chocolate, but I go into serious fail mode when trying to knit when I'm really, really tired...like nodding off.

I dunno if I knit in my sleep, but I've picked up my knitting the next day and found a completely different pattern then I was working on. I found feather & fan in the middle of st st once after "sleep knitting"!

· Registered
413 Posts
I must be nodding off when I'm knitting...I jolt awake to find that the right needle is in place through the stitch and very close to pulling the whole row out. My bamboo needles have saved me; they have enough friction to hold on till I'm coherent! My metal needles have no such mercy.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom