Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Would any charity knitters like to correspond by snailmaill? My daughter & I knit together and love writing our friends around the globe, however, we'd like to write some charity knitters. Recently we participated in 2 separate prayer squares for the victims of the Boston Bombing. We'd like to learn what other knitters are making for charity.

Thanks.

mamapeacock

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
hi ~
yes! I'd love to snail mail with you : )
[letter writing is becoming a lost art, isn't it?!? -
Also, sadly, our school here doesn't even teach cursive writing any more......]
I am doing knitting for several charities at this time ~
and one of my pet peeves is referring to them as *charity*! guess it just makes me think back to when my parents were young, even when I was little, and charity was something no one wanted - stuff always seemed yukky to look at, much less to wear!!
Ok, off my soap-box now!
Sure, I'd like to join with you - maybe we can pm one another to exchange addresses?
Thanks for thinking of this! :)

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
sandj said:
How does snail mail work? I do some Charity Knitting in my area. PM me and let me know. Thanks.
um, snail mail is when you put a letter in an envelope, put a stamp on it, and mail it thru the post office........
[were you just being funny??!!!?]

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
okay! just after I hit 'send' it dawned on me that you probably were referring to the term 'snail mail' - I learned that one years ago...from my daughter!
: )
anyway - I think she has a good idea - would be nice to be in touch with other charity knitters - and even exchange some info about who we knit for and why, etc.
happy knitting :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom