Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
I am doing the lacy chevron afghan and I chose this because the chevron patterns seem to have more pronounced peaks and troughs and ripple are more gentle waves. Also the stitches mingle with the previous rows on the chevron whereas they don't on the ripple patterns.

Hope this makes sense!

·
Registered
718 Posts
junebjh said:
I am doing the lacy chevron afghan and I chose this because the chevron patterns seem to have more pronounced peaks and troughs and ripple are more gentle waves. Also the stitches mingle with the previous rows on the chevron whereas they don't on the ripple patterns.

Hope this makes sense!
Could you show us a picture of you lacy chevron in progress??
Thank you!
Debbie

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
As others have said, chevron is more geometric and "harsh" like a V (by definition of the word, too) while a ripple is more subtle, organic, and soft, like the ripples on the surface of a pool of water when you disturb it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
junebjh said:
Debbie.
Here are some pictures of the start of the afghan. I've just paused to make some baby cardis for my friend's new granddaughter, not yet born.

Dorothy.
I've also attached a picture of the pattern.
Dorothy,
That is awesome..Looks like a Shell sts ripple to me.. But beautiful.. love the colors! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Debbie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom