Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made these 2 chicken jumpers for my grand niece in the UK. She has rescued 4 chickens from egg factories. (battery chickens) 2 didn't make it. They don't have many feathers so need something to keep them warm in the winter. I am sure I don't need to explain this to our UK kpers. They still need the buttons and then off to the Isle of Wight.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,278 Posts
ert, they are lovely here in the uk we do knit quit a few chicken jumpers they are called tabards here, there is also i nice web site where you can get the pattern from.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tabards makes more sense to me. A friend saw them on facebook and couldn't figure out what the heck they were. Thought they might be some kind of bikini top. Very large one for sure. LOL. I do have the pattern. Poor chickens, but they do the same thing over here.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Have never seen these before- can you share the pattern?

·
Registered
12,389 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mama879 said:
ert said:
ptober said:
Have never seen these before- can you share the pattern?
Yes.
http://littlehenrescue.co.uk/jumpers.aspx
It comes up server not found would love the pattern Have girls of my own. I was ablbe to open from an outside line thnx maybe can send a few out. since my girls are very well taken care of.
Try it again. I had to edit it. One little error. It should work now. I tried it and it took me right to the pattern.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dreamweaver said:
I have done people tabards but had no idea there was a need for chicken ones. I'm going to bookmark the site in the event I can find a local place in need. Thanks, and NICE WORK!
Thanks, they are very easy to make and don't take much yarn. My niece said the chickens are starting to grow feathers again. Poor babies, have had a tough life, but have it made now.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Lovely job, I have chickens but I wonder if using a jumper would stop them from fluffing to rid themselves of mites etc. I would use these sparingly. chickens need to move freely.
They are adorable though.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I never heard of such a thing! WOW! Am I getting an education on this site or what?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
fibrefay said:
Amazing! Great idea, but I wondered about the underside dragging on the ground and feet getting caught up in it.
Won't happen. It has tabs and buttons. The tabs go under the wings and button on the back side. I just didn't have the buttons on mine yet.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom