Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the chickens in their jumpers, and they are leaving them on. Sarah said was to be -4 C. tonight, so I am glad they have them. Sarah is holding Fran and Charlie is holding Clare. They are Charlies' rescue chickens.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I love these! A friend in Ipswich had sent me a pattern for knitted chicken jumpers, but it didn't have a photo so I couldn't really picture how the finished product would look and didn't have a resident chicken to try it on. Now I get it! Thank you for posting.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MaggieBelize said:
I love these! A friend in Ipswich had sent me a pattern for knitted chicken jumpers, but it didn't have a photo so I couldn't really picture how the finished product would look and didn't have a resident chicken to try it on. Now I get it! Thank you for posting.
Check under Search for Chicken jumpers. I put pictures on there, and they are not on the chickens.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Those are wonderful. I used to have "pet chickens". I enjoyed their antics and people couldn't believe that they would run to greet me when I drove in....Nor that the hen would hop in the paper box on the porch to lay her egg while the rooster perched on the edge of the box and crowed when the "job " was done. I don't miss digging out the ice around the door in the coldest of days.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
What a great job! I love my banties but have not knitted for them. I need a pattern for a hat because one has lost all top head feathers and it is so cold here.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone. As I said, once they get their feathers back, they shouldn't need the jumpers. But they do plan on rescuing more, so may need them again. I made them out of Red Heart Super Saver so they should take a great deal of punishment. Also, can be thrown in the washer and dryer. I was told not to use wool for that reason. I will have to tell Sarah and Charlie that their pictures are being seen around the world on KP and also on FB. :lol:

·
Registered
343 Posts
How wonderful you both are to rescue those little ladies, and then to knit for them as well! I guess if you love something enough to rescue and care for it/them, then knitting a sweater for a chicken isn't that much of a stretch! Good karma is sure to come your way for being kind to animals.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom