Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have yarn to make ballet shrug for granddaughter Sadie...she wore one of mine when weather turned cold while visiting (too big) and fell in love with them and requested we go to HobbyLobby for purple yarn... :) its super simple and has matching leggings...

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Two designer's names come to mind....both are on ravelry...both have very interesting children's patterns.....check out mskeeys and her pattern Squishy Love.. (not free)...and then picklespatterns has Star Poncho....And Nora's Bolero...
julie

·
Registered
408 Posts
How old/size of child sis...Sadie is 5 and I had Mom measure her across shoulders with arms hanging straight down.....haven't started knitting yet but will be aware of sizing...not good at doing the math either...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RavenRose - 4 and 6 yr. old and normal weight/size for age. I was thinking to go to the dept. store and measure the clothing. I didn't want to ask their mother for the measurements. I want her to think I know what I am doing...haha. Thank you

·
Registered
408 Posts
Haha....measuring child is necessary for a more exact fit....don't know what I'm doing either but sure is fun knitting for little girls...every pair of leg warmers I have knitted for myself have never stayed up properly, so just put elastic in tops for last pair and bingo.... :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom