Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea if there is a site with guidelines for measurements for childrens cardigans - I have written a pattern but not sure how to get the correct measurements? Hope you can help.
Doreen

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Diane D said:
looking forward to the pattern..
me too ... i have been looking at girl's cardigan patterns for a couple weeks now. getting ready to make one for each of my granddaughters ... ages 8 and 11.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Another good source for sizing questions is www.craftyarncouncil.com/sizing. There you will find size charts from babies thru adults and directions on how to take measurements. Also included are hats and socks. I found exactly what I needed there and more.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Just what I needed! I'm knitting for my great-grandchildren, two sets of twins now almost 2 and almost 18 months old, plus one brand-new GGS, so these charts are so helpful. I live clear across the country from all of them, so with a little help from their parents on current measurements, I can knit ahead for birthdays with some assurance that things will fit. Thanks so much for the links.

·
Registered
859 Posts
DoreenW said:
Does anyone have any idea if there is a site with guidelines for measurements for childrens cardigans - I have written a pattern but not sure how to get the correct measurements? Hope you can help.
Doreen
I'm making ponchos for two great children. I found this chart which appears to be very helpful. So glad I found this.????

Child/Youth Size Charts | Welcome to the Craft Yarn Council
https://www.craftyarncouncil.com/standards/child-youth-sizes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom