Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
There must be lots of patterns for children's socks on Ravelry. And what you'd need is the size of the foot, not the age of the child. Children (and their feet) come in all sizes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There must be lots of patterns for children's socks on Ravelry. And what you'd need is the size of the foot, not the age of the child. Children (and their feet) come in all sizes.
Thank you I will take a look on Ravelry and see if I can find anything. I do understand that the foot size would be helpful but I'm actually thinking about knitting for three children ages around age three (I do not have foot sizes). For that reason I thought if I looked for patterns around age four that may help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just begun to knit socks and have been reading as much as I can about size, etc. In one source it was suggested that in knitting socks as gifts that you do ribbing (1x1, or 2x2) as that makes socks that can fit a fairly wide range of sizes (that helps with width, not sure about length). Hope this helps. There are several on Ravelry, so I think you will find your pattern there.

·
Registered
7,984 Posts
Thank you I will take a look on Ravelry and see if I can find anything. I do understand that the foot size would be helpful but I'm actually thinking about knitting for three children ages around age three (I do not have foot sizes). For that reason I thought if I looked for patterns around age four that may help.
If you knit a tube sock, you won't need the exact size of the foot.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Hi

I'm looking for a free knitting pattern for a four year old's socks.
Does anyone have any suggestions please.

Many thanks
Regards
Rosie
I have knit Kate Atherley's Baby Sock, which was an easy pattern, but I am sure she must have other sizes, so perhaps have a look at her patterns on Ravelry?

I just found this for you, and hope it helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have knit Kate Atherley's Baby Sock, which was an easy pattern, but I am sure she must have other sizes, so perhaps have a look at her patterns on Ravelry?

Thank you so much this looks perfect. :)(y) xx

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Many thanks
Regards
Rosie
Hi

Many thanks
Regards
Rosie
I use "One sock stop" pattern by Annie Coppell available on Ravelry. It's a basic top down sock pattern with instructions for 12 different sizes covering extra small baby to extra large adult. Something to sit every age/size and you can add stitch patterns if you wish.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts

Hi. Has anyone done this pattern as I was going fine until I reached Gusset. I am completely confused over the instructions over how many stitches should be picked up where? The pattern also doesn’t say how many stitches you should have after you have picked up. I am knitting the larger size. 14 stitches on the needle at the bottom of picture and eleven each on the other two. Should I possibly pick up and knit 11 stitches then knit eleven from existing needle at top of my photo. Then should I be breaking the yarn and pick up 11 on the other side and end with the 11 on the other needle? This would mean I have 58 stitches? Any help much appreciated. X

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top Bottom