Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made almost 32 years ago while pregnant with my second daughter. Unfortunately never got it put together until her son was born.
Not sure if I still have the pattern buried around here somewhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sandie said:
Wow so beautiful!!!! If you ever find the pattern, I would love it. Also gorgeous baby.
Sandie
Wow, I am always searching ebay and darned if I did not run across this pattern tonight on ebay! I am just shocked to see it, but, just in case I never find mine, I am buying this. However, the lace collar I put on the one above was not part of the pattern.

Vintage Knitting Pattern for a Christening Dress Bonnet

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130498290092&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I love the collar. I have several crochet patterns for them and I am always on the lookout for new collar patterns. Now the christening gown is gorgeous!!! I would have thought the pattern was in the public domain.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've been looking for an easy christening gown pattern, was this one difficult? I am between a beginner & intermediate!

Your gown is beautiful, if you could share the pattern, if it is something I could do, I would appreciate it! Our granddaughter was born on Feb. 17th!

Marilyn

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Marilyn Leuschke said:
I've been looking for an easy christening gown pattern, was this one difficult? I am between a beginner & intermediate!

Your gown is beautiful, if you could share the pattern, if it is something I could do, I would appreciate it! Our granddaughter was born on Feb. 17th!

Marilyn
Marilyn, this one was pretty easy overall. I do not consider myself a very advanced knitter and I did this 30 years ago.
I found the pattern on ebay recently
Vintage Knitting Pattern for a Christening Dress Bonnet

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130498290092&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

although I might have it buried somewhere here at home, I bought myself another copy of it anyways.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thank you for going to so much trouble! I ran into more problems on the pattern I was trying to use, I was doing pretty good till I got to row 3, it began with purl 8 & was supposed to end in purl 8 but it had 10 stitches left at the end, instead of 8 so I could purl 8 & I ripped it out & started the row over 4 times & ended up the same each time, then I did the row on paper, ended up with two too many on paper, so somehow the pattern is off & I'm not experienced enough to know what to do to fix it! I got so discouraged I ripped it out & found a crochet pattern on internet & just printed it, but will go to e-bay & get the one you did too, just in case it don't work out! I liked yours better, as this one I found has a square neck, don't know how that will end up looking, but thought I'd try it! Thanks again!!

Marilyn

·
Registered
202 Posts
I can't tell you how happy I was to come across this site and the posting on your beautiful christening gown. I also started this gown for my son[in 1971]but being a new knitter, never finished it in time for his christening. Somehow over the years the instructions got lost and I couldn't finish it. [The front and bonnet are done and the back is almost done but I needed the pattern to finish the closure and then put it together.]I have been searching the internet for a long time to find the pattern so I could finish it for my new granddaughter. Thank you. I just purchased it on eBay and can't wait to get started on it again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom