Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all those peeps who drink coffee while they travel. This little cozy keeps your hands cool if the drink is hot and warm if the drink is cold.
Don't ask me for the pattern because I don't have one. Just get a paper cup from your favourite fast food joint. Start at the bottom for a snug fit and add a few stitches as you go along. I stopped putting a bottom in them because that makes the cup unsteady. Many different sweater patterns could be adapted - looks great in fair isle or aran cables. I even made one with a turtle neck and copied the old raggy sweater my uncle wears all the time, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Thank you what a clever idea;) my hubby and I do travel to pick up my daughters who live in FL with THIER father and we drink tons of coffee!! It's like the heat just seeps through the cups ..... I will definitely make a couple of these:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can even add arms to the sweater cozy if you want. I find the buttons are enough to keep the cup from slipping through my fingers but sweater arms (attached like teapot handles) would be something you can slip your fingers through to solidify your grip on the cup.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Nika said:
You can even add arms to the sweater cozy if you want. I find the buttons are enough to keep the cup from slipping through my fingers but sweater arms (attached like teapot handles) would be something you can slip your fingers through to solidify your grip on the cup.
Oh how funny would that be?! Like a hug for your cup!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom