Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meet Bernard Moose - no, I did not make him, but I did knit his sweater. Bernard is soon off to Santa School with my husband for 4 days and needed an appropriate sweater to wear during the classes. No joke. Hubby has been growing his beard longer for the professional photos they'll take. His beard is turning gray but the hair on his head is still wonderfully strawberry blond (and curly). Bernard (so named by our son) is named after . . . can you guess? Ever watch the Tim Allen Movie The Santa Clause?. Santa and Rudolph are worked in double stitch and the beard is done with a crochet hook. The sweater is a tad too long but then, nothing in life is perfect. When it gets really cold he can pull it down and keep his moose bottom warm.

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If he'll let me.

tallieu said:
Meet Bernard Moose - no, I did not make him, but I did knit his sweater. Bernard is soon off to Santa School with my husband for 4 days and needed an appropriate sweater to wear during the classes. No joke. Hubby has been growing his beard longer for the professional photos they'll take. His beard is turning gray but the hair on his head is still wonderfully strawberry blond (and curly). Bernard (so named by our son) is named after . . . can you guess? Ever watch the Tim Allen Movie The Santa Clause?. Santa and Rudolph are worked in double stitch and the beard is done with a crochet hook. The sweater is a tad too long but then, nothing in life is perfect. When it gets really cold he can pull it down and keep his moose bottom warm.

·
Registered
21,212 Posts
I NEED a moose hug!
Oh that is great. Love the sweater.

Hope he fits through my keyhole....don't have a chimney!

Merry Christmas!
Linda

·
Registered
21,212 Posts
Shall I forward my address?? I don;t want the elf to miss my house.
Great outfit, very nice styling on your part.

It must be so rewarding to share in a childs dreams.

God Bless the elf!
Merry Christmas,
Linda

·
Registered
635 Posts
How wonderful. My husband has been playing Santa for the cardic rehab unit of one of our hospitals for the last 15 years. Those that attend the Christmas party love meeting Santa and getting their present. Most are 70 to 90 plus years of age but when their name is called out to have their photo taken on Santas knee, the hesitant steps turn to a slight trot.

They love it.

You have got me thinking for the next party. Thank you and please do post this years photos of your husband.

LesleighAnne

·
Registered
21,212 Posts
You are correct. And I forgot,,, I have the magic key to hang on my door Christmas Eve so he can just come in and visit.
Love MAGIC.
Linda
tallieu said:
Didn't you know? Santa has "magic" and makes his own chimney when necessary.

LEE1313 said:
I NEED a moose hug!
Oh that is great. Love the sweater.

Hope he fits through my keyhole....don't have a chimney!

Merry Christmas!
Linda

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom