Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently posted a picture of a chunky scarf/cowl that my neighbor had seen on Pinterest and strongly "hinted" that she would like me to make her one. The Pinterest photo was of an item to purchase, not the pattern itself.

I asked for help in making this for her and TammyK came to my rescue! My original post is here http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-121836-1.html

With TammyK's help, I came pretty close. It is the same width and length as the photo, but I forgot to off set the buttonhole, so it is in the center instead of on the side. I also already had the long black button, which I think looks fine, but the buttonhole being centered bugs me! I think I will keep this one or gift it and make my friend another one.

But, I know now how to make it. Thanks again, TammyK!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I think hanging it around a lamp leaves a little to be desired, but I'm happy with it....except for not putting the buttonhole off center like the original! Oh, well....might as well get started on another one! Thanks again!

·
Registered
887 Posts
You did a great job duplicating a scarf that your neighbor will love. Great that you get a new one in the deal!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I LOVE this forum! Thanks so much! That's IT, I believe.

And, thanks again, TammyK!

As for the pattern, it looks like the link posted by MelissaC would be exactly the same, except there is no buttonhole. You just manipulate the placing of the 2 buttons. Interesting idea!

For mine, I just took the pattern suggestion by TammyK (Knitpicks Mistake Rib Neckwarmer) on my original post and used Lion Brand Hometown USA Super Bulky and size 13 needles and made it about 34" long.

Thanks again, everyone!

MelissaC said:
It looks great! Check out the Fear of Commitment Cowl pattern in Ravelry to see how they did their button thing. It might be just the thing you're looking for.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom