Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RBeckles said:
Love it! Is it a Rowan pattern?
No, it was in a magazine, Knit Today, November issue but suggested Rowan wool. It was supposed to take 4 balls which was working out quite pricy!It is basically a garter stitch scarf with the ends worked in seed stitch and folded back to form pockets. It looks more effective when worn.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Thats great, I might knit one for my mum, she is in a care home as she has dementia and her hands are always cold, I have made her a muff and several pairs of fingerless gloves,fingers are to difficult to deal with now as she can't remember how normal gloves go on anymore.
The only trouble is we have to depend on ever changing staff to remember to put them on for her.

·
Registered
9,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
happycrafter said:
Thats great, I might knit one for my mum, she is in a care home as she has dementia and her hands are always cold, I have made her a muff and several pairs of fingerless gloves,fingers are to difficult to deal with now as she can't remember how normal gloves go on anymore.
The only trouble is we have to depend on ever changing staff to remember to put them on for her.
I know all about that. My mum has been 9 years in care with dementia so I know how you feel.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Very nice. Love the idea. I love Rowan Big Wool too but it can be pricey. I have 4 skeins left from another project though so I think I'll make this. Thanks for the pattern hints - it sounds simple enough. Could you tell me what needle size they recommended? I'm guessing US 15 or 17. Did they say how many rows of seed would be enough to fold over?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom