Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find 12" circ (Bamboo) in US 2, 7, 8
Everywhere I look I diff info. SOme mention how long the point are, some do not.
I really need to know this info.
I'm desperate to get all 3 sized I mentioned and with short points. The one thing that stops me from using what circs I have is their points are too long to even do Magic Loop!
HELP! :cry:

·
Premium Member
81,213 Posts
SwampCatNana said:
I am trying to find 12" circ (Bamboo) in US 2, 7, 8
Everywhere I look I diff info. SOme mention how long the point are, some do not.
I really need to know this info.
I'm desperate to get all 3 sized I mentioned and with short points. The one thing that stops me from using what circs I have is their points are too long to even do Magic Loop!
HELP! :cry:
If your tips are too long to do magic-loop, it is the cable, not the tips fault! Magic-loop requires a very long (40-inch tip-to-tip) needle. I won't work with 24-inch needles.

When the seller doesn't mention the length of the tips, send an e-mail asking for that information. So far, I've always had an answer to such questions. So far as I know, the tips on the shorter circulars are always considerably shorter than the usual tips. The need to be, or knitting in the round with them just wouldn't be possible.

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a feeling the number of stitches involved has a great deal to do with whether you can Magic Loop something on the size needle you have.
Ex. You have a project with only 50 stitches, what is the largest circ you can use to work this using the Magic Loop?

·
Registered
847 Posts
If you have 50 sts you could work the sts in magic loop on the longest circ you have but the length of the circular needle you use should be about 3-4 times the circumference of your knitting.

The "Magic Loop" technique is a way to knit socks or small circumferences using one circular needle.

It is just a technique you can use in place of dpns if you choose to.

You can just knit in the round using whatever means works for you...dpns...magic loop...two circs...whatever floats your boat :)

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Barbara - thank you for the link. I will probably be sending for them.
I have a slipper pattern with 20 stitches using a US 11 needle. How can I do this in the round? What length needle would I need?

I am doing a sweater with sleeves that starts with 56 stitches and ends with 78. Using a US 8 needle - what length to do it in the round? I have a 29" #8 circ. Could not do it, points too long.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom