Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
well, this is my experience, to knit socks i like to use five needles, to knit a shawl , I cast on with long straight needles- easier than casting on with circulars. I knit a few rows and switch to circulars.
Hundreds of stitches can be quite heavy when knitting a bigger project, then circulars are much more comfortable to use and easier on the arms. hope this helps
Ursula

·
Registered
79 Posts
I often take my knitting with me to doctors appointments and like places and circular needles help me keep my knitting to myself rather than spread out to another persons seating space. This is often my husband but even he is not too thrilled to have long knitting needles sticking in his ribs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've started my first project other than straight knitting, (dishclothes, afgans, etc) a knit from top down sweater. It's done on circular needles. My first try with these. Is there anything I should know before I get too far along and mess this up! I am trying to keep from getting it twisted on the needles. Just need mental support I think!

·
Registered
12 Posts
:-D I love circular needles and do almost all my knitting on them. Top down is easy and fun. Be sure the sleeves are the same lenght. Just follow the directions and you will be surprised how easy it really is.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks! So glad for the help. I'm just getting started and looks like my gauge is right, we will see what happens! Just a little worried about the needles, just new. Love the wooden knitting needles and the metal is a little harder to work with after using the wood. Will get used to it again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom