Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to Knitting and I was wondering about Circular Needles,
I'm learning to make tube socks. I would love to learn to make Hats and other stuff. Now I have never used circular needles. so I don't know what size to get or how to use them. I'm hoping someone can help me to choose a size & help me get started. now I'm using baby yarn & sock yarn.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Well, I own interchangeable sets and wouldn't be without them + shorter or longer cables can be purchased. I'm looking to buy the new style also what isn't the screw in type with couplers like my sets.

Addi Clicks might be my choice; Dunno right now.

As you're making teeny items, also I'd consider buying a 9" circular needle and they also come in asymmetric styles with one needle being shorter than the other, in bamboo, too. (Online sales) or in stores.

I hear interesting things about bamboo not sliding the stitches and the skinner ones break easy......so, I'm not sure I would buy these let alone know which size to buy, BUT, I'd like to have one set as I do collect. For sock work, I'm guessing a size 6.

They make square double points, too. Square? Seriously!!

lI'm tempted to buy the 11 sizes of KA bamboo asymmetric circulars (9") as it's free shipping when doing so. Not sure yet. They don't come cased and I'd prefer a case but know how to make one out of a trapper keeper.

These would not be interchangeable, though so I told the order department to hail the manufacturers to make them so + add a case; Softshell = fab! LOL!!

For a beginner, I'd not buy a whole set but go one at a time. Some folks like the 12", whether it's asymmetric or not, for their sock work; Size 6 needles? Teeny work, I'd get the 9" circulars and various sizes....?

If you can find a used set, grab them and do a swatch to get you used to working on them; They're interesting!!

Confused? me, too! LOL!!

Donna Rae
~~~~~~~~~~

t
midnightlady said:
I'm new to Knitting and I was wondering about Circular Needles,
I'm learning to make tube socks. I would love to learn to make Hats and other stuff. Now I have never used circular needles. so I don't know what size to get or how to use them. I'm hoping someone can help me to choose a size & help me get started. now I'm using baby yarn & sock yarn.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom