Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Well, this morning when I picked up my knitting I said to myself "What on earth are those needles doing in my knitting?"
I hadn't noticed the day before, that I had gone straight onto the knitting from my ribbing without changing to the larger needles. I had knitted HALF A SLEEVE!!! What can you do? Nothing except unravel the whole lot!!!! Bet none of you have been that silly lol!!! I must be losing it .....

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Thanks one and all! It's wonderful to be amongst like-minded people!! Don't know anyone who knits so this is wonderful!!!

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Well, it seems it's not just us and our own brain, it's just brains in general that do strange things lol ...very comforting to be normal!!!

Discussion starter · #17 ·
Joy Marshall said:
I am afraid I wouldn't have frogged it. And i would make the other sleeve to match. Then I would block the sleeves well. But then, I rather like a snug fitting sleeve. It is warmer.
I must say, Joy, it did look really nice, that much tighter and smaller, but I had already knitted the other sleeve! It made me realise why people knit on smaller needles, but I think 4mm is small enough for me!

Discussion starter · #18 ·
I didn't know what you knitters were talking about at first with the frogging, until in context I realised that it must mean unravelling!!! lol

No. Certainly not alone. How about casting on. Working the back to almost underarm, and then realising that instead of 130 stitches, you only cast on 100? oh boy!

1 - 20 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom