Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am looking for a pattern...or book of patterns...for a classic Aran Knit cardigan with collar (for a woman though obiously could use one for men..) ...Want a challenging pattern ...anyone know where I can find one??? (Since they are not in vogue as years ago, seems finding such patterns not the easiest...) Thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...I tried Ravelry...looked thru what seems like hundred's of patterns...but didn't find the 'classic' Aran cardigan with collar...Is there one you might direct me to?? Might just have to 'add' a collar to a cardigan..???

·
Registered
311 Posts
i went to ravelry and searched " cardigan aran sweater" and narrowed down search under attributes: shawl collar, and free and knit and got 75 matches . i thought "Josephine" is beautiful, but i dont know what you are looking for. if it is a different collar ou want look under attributes to change it. give it a try!

·
Registered
311 Posts
i just LOVE ravelry, you can find just about anything there! my favorite part is the projects by everyone, you can get so many ideas. people probably think i work for them, because i always recommend them, but i dont. lol

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have some 70's and 80's patterns.. do recall seeing some aran knits with collars for ladies.. TOO difficult for me.. if you have no luck let me know and i will go thru my old pattern booklets.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh how nice that would be...didn't see anything on Ravelry which appealed...Just want a 'classic' Aran knit ....one I can wear anywhere...everywhere.. I find that I really enjoy knitting them...as after getting the pattern starated, don't need to check the pattern! Would appreciate any help you can give me...some of the 'older' books are best...Anything you might be looking for that I might have???

·
Registered
651 Posts
okay absolutely will look thru my old pattern books again- i spent hours last night going over them and saw some. I did see some very complicated womens arans and sure some were with collars.. it is 1am here and i truly need to talk to my pillow.. Have a look at my blog http://www.nannaknits.blogspot.com and you will see why.. 16 puppies, 10 adult dogs, 1 kat, 3 kids on school holidays.. and one ME xxx can you please PM me your email addy and I will contact you asap.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hi- Finally found 3 Aran knits with collars for ladies- I like these 3 the best from what I could find in my stash of patterns. Hope one of them can keep you busy enough for now ! Emailed to your private addy.

·
Registered
651 Posts
okay- so looking back to your first request you were looking for cardi's with collars- I sent Jumpers with collars. I can look back and find cardi's with collars for you as well- if you want - let me know
??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom