Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
12,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My surprise today was from ann heistad. What a great package she sent me a wonderful letter and info on her state. Did you know Canada has a bigger waterfall then our own Niagra Falls here in the USA. I know some of it is in Canada to. What fun. She sent so much stuff and all in this envelope that was waiting to explode. She does some wonderful quilting which you can see by the pictures. I told her I thought they were oil paintings when I first saw them. Well any way you can see by my picture it is just so nice. I honestly did not have time to even try the chocolate or the cookies. But I will have to hide them from the boys. Thank you again Ann

P.S. The color was red. Ya think...

Attachments

·
Registered
18,194 Posts
Well,mama..looks like quite an interesting swap!Looking at the pictures of her amazing quilts,makes me think that somehow you could turn them into cards...Keep the chocolate hidden : )

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
How lovely!!! I quilt too, but not like that. Great package. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Bonbarnie sure got my swap package out fast. Thank you so much for the lovely swap package. I am looking forward to sitting down with my new reading material about your beautiful state. Also, the yarn is wonderful. I just finished my first pair of two at a time, toe up socks. This yarn will make a great next pair.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Those swaps look wonderful ! Mama, you have so much I didn't know where to look first, but the red really stands out well.And no, I didn't know that Canada had a bigger waterfall than the part of Niagra we share with her. Live & learn.

We just got back from our trip south to see the grands,so I'll just have enough time to get the house in order before company arrives on Saturday. I'll be concentrating on getting my swap buddy's parcel ready to go very soon. Trust me, when she finds out it's me, she's really going to be surprised, let alone the contents. ;-)

·
Registered
12,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cgcharles said:
Bonbarnie sure got my swap package out fast. Thank you so much for the lovely swap package. I am looking forward to sitting down with my new reading material about your beautiful state. Also, the yarn is wonderful. I just finished my first pair of two at a time, toe up socks. This yarn will make a great next pair.
What a great package, Well we all know she is from NJ. That is great the Jersey shore for vacation. Great yarn and you are making socks aren't they addicting.... So have you read this maureenb she made her first pair of socks. Whatcha waiting for. lol lol lol lol lol hehehehe ENJOY!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2CatsinNJ said:
Those swaps look wonderful ! Mama, you have so much I didn't know where to look first, but the red really stands out well.And no, I didn't know that Canada had a bigger waterfall than the part of Niagra we share with her. Live & learn.

We just got back from our trip south to see the grands,so I'll just have enough time to get the house in order before company arrives on Saturday. I'll be concentrating on getting my swap buddy's parcel ready to go very soon. Trust me, when she finds out it's me, she's really going to be surprised, let alone the contents. ;-)
Enjoy your company...

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Big thank you to kookieman for the great swap. Two skeins of Gaelic Wool yarn, two books, iced coffee mix (can't wait to try it), scented candle, homemade fingerless gloves, note cards, knitting pattern magazine, cookies, post cards from her state, crocheted pot holder. These swaps are great fun. Thanks to mama hen and maureen for organizing them.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
grammacat said:
Big thank you to kookieman for the great swap. Two skeins of Gaelic Wool yarn, two books, iced coffee mix (can't wait to try it), scented candle, homemade fingerless gloves, note cards, knitting pattern magazine, cookies, post cards from her state, crocheted pot holder. These swaps are great fun. Thanks to mama hen and maureen for organizing them.
Wow what a nice package and fingerless gloves to. It is always so nice to receive some thing hand made. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
18,194 Posts
cgcharles said:
Looks like a fun swap..and I notice that she even included calico for a second anniversary! Enjoy!

·
Registered
18,194 Posts
grammacat said:
All that..and cookies too! Happy anniversary to you!!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Big Thank You to Maureen B, I got your package today, and on top of receiving such a nice package, it arrived on my birthday, so what a beautiful knitting birthday package! I so loved the yarn. I actually was telling myself, that I needed to get yarn to go with a jean jacket with dark brown western trim, and she nailed it with the beautiful yarn that matches perfectly, I plan on making a scarf, you read my mind,girl! I also loved the Amish pink yarn. We have alot of Amish and Mennonites near us also. Love the Hershey mug and kisses, and cant wait to read the People Magazine, the brochures, and the beautiful hard bound book of Pennsylvania. Of course, you remembered I love licorice, that will be gone by tonight. I will proudly put out the nice Pennsylvania dish towel and think of you every time we use it. You are such a sweet lady for all you do, thanks for making my birthday so special and thanks again for such a nice swap pkg. Sorry I dont know how to download pics very well, and also got a new cellphone and have to learn it better to transfer pics from it to here.

·
Registered
18,194 Posts
knitting2day said:
Big Thank You to Maureen B, I got your package today, and on top of receiving such a nice package, it arrived on my birthday, so what a beautiful knitting birthday package! I so loved the yarn. I actually was telling myself, that I needed to get yarn to go with a jean jacket with dark brown western trim, and she nailed it with the beautiful yarn that matches perfectly, I plan on making a scarf, you read my mind,girl! I also loved the Amish pink yarn. We have alot of Amish and Mennonites near us also. Love the Hershey mug and kisses, and cant wait to read the People Magazine, the brochures, and the beautiful hard bound book of Pennsylvania. Of course, you remembered I love licorice, that will be gone by tonight. I will proudly put out the nice Pennsylvania dish towel and think of you every time we use it. You are such a sweet lady for all you do, thanks for making my birthday so special and thanks again for such a nice swap pkg. Sorry I dont know how to download pics very well, and also got a new cellphone and have to learn it better to transfer pics from it to here.
Yeah! So glad you are enjoying your birthday and package!

·
Registered
12,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
knitting2day said:
Yiiipppeee it's your Birthday. Glad you received your package on your special day. It sounds wonderful and you can read up on PA. Who knows maybe a vacation will be in your future. Enjoy!!!

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom