Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I am Wanda and I live in Groves, Tx which is in southeas
Texas. We are not use to very cold weather. It is 33 degrees here and is expected to get in the teens. I am so glad I knit just so I can keep nice and warm. My grandmother taught me to knit when I was 12 years old.
She wanted me to quit climbing trees but I just took my knittng up in the trees. I had three mean brothers. Is anyone else freezing and glad they knit.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Everybody,
I have never felt so welcomed on something like this. I am so glad I found this site. No offense, but I am so glad I am in Texas and not up there in the North. I hate cold weather and Youall are the only people I will get to talk to until Spring. I got hurt at work and I can barely walk, so I don't go out much. Thank all of you for being there. Wanda Queenmawmaw

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow thats cold!!! I'm in Vista CA and it only gets cold in the morning. Vista just got I record 37 degrees ( I think its a record). I feel so sorry for those who are in the storm.
I will pray for all of you.
Love and Hugs,
Sara

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
HI Wanda, Isn't this just the sweetest bunch of happy faces you have never seen. Such a gentle welcoming feeling from them all. I'm new here too. Sorry you are laid up. I was for a while and knitting, crocheting, and doing genealogy online kept me sane. I've spent most of my knitting life learning not to drop stitches and now all the rage is lace and I'm trying to learn to drop stitches. Oh my goodness. Wishing you well, Cathryn

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Hey there Sara.....I'm up the road apiece from you in Vista (in Santa Ana) but every year I go to Oceanside for my owner's week in my timeshare at the Southern California Beach Club. Have friends in Vista, who come to the condo and we walk out on the Oceanside pier to eat at Ruby's (to-die-for hamburgers and a really "killer" chocolate/banana malt.) It's been cold here in Santa Ana, down in the 40's, early in the morning and late at night. During the day we hover around 63 to 70 degrees - not bad at all! Sometimes I wish we had some of that snow you all are talking about! I have never lived in snow country - just driven up to Big Bear, Lake Tahoe, or Mammouth to hit the slopes and ride the chairlift. Wouldn't know how to drive to work or get around in all that snow. What happens when it all starts to melt?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey everybody,
Im in southeast Texas and we are going thru a real cold spell. It hasn't got up past freezing all day. I am so glad I don't have to get out. All of you in snow country, I don't know how you stand it? I don't drive anymore since my injury, but even when I did drive, I don't think I could in the white stuff. Yaw, stay as warm as possible.
Its great to have such great people and knitting friends.
Love ya
Queenmawmaw

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi!
I'm in North Texas. The temp here is 32.9 right now. This is the warmest it has been since Monday, Jan.31. We have been shut down. No school, everything is closed. They are prepping for the Super Bowl nearby. Several of the venues have caved in with heavy snow on the roof. The streets have been like a ghost town where they were expecting thousands. I think it will be better the next few days. Myself, I am attending the Ft. Worth Rodeo instead of the Super Bowl! We have been chopping through 6-8 inches of ice for water for cattle. The sun is finally out today. I have been knitting while shut in, although I should have cleaned house--boo!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey everyone,
I just took apracot/bananna/peach/nut bread out of the oven.
When I hurt so bad that I cant sit still, I bake. I am going to get big as a house. I am fixing to sit down(try) and drink coffee, eat my bread, WATCH tv, and knit.
I hope everyone is warm and knitting.
Talk to you latr
Queenmawmaw, wanda

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey,
If I could send you some, I would. I love to bake. I bake five loaves at a time and share with my neighbors, so my husband and I won't eat it all. If I am not knitting, I'm baking.
Queenmawmaw

·
Registered
955 Posts
At the minute I am planning a new design, trying to set up a new blog, knitting, taking care of my best friend who has been very ill and is still housebound, doing her chores, cooking her meals and trying to stop her from running before she can walk, trying to run classes and clear ice bricks almost 4 feet high, keep my kids happy in Britain with hour long phone calls, be on here which i enjoy and last of all make time for the therapist lol. And try to design special gifts for my new grandchild who will be here within the next 2 weeks no wonder I'm hyper.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
God Bless You,
You seem like a remarkable person. You make me feel
ashamed for complaining. So, I'll go back to knitting my husband his hat, working on the bedspread,. When you aren't too busy, give me some advice on organizing allof my knitting supplies. It seems to all be multiplying.
Queenmawmaw

·
Registered
955 Posts
Thank you I don't need nor want blessings but thanks just the same. I couldn't help organise anything I am the least organised person ever - my car has 6 plastic bins of yarn in it and it is covered in snow. My needles are everywhere and my patterns are trapped on a hard drive of my old pc that got hacked. can I knit your husband's hat????

ha ha at this rate I'll maybe lose 100 lbs - I can hope

so don't send me any baking please

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom