Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Knitters,
Today is very cold here in Wis. -11 when we got up at 6:30 AM. They predicted terribly cold wind chills, but it is not as windy as they said, thank goodness! Hope you are all warm and cozy knitting today.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello fellow alpaca farmer,
Your freezing cold weather has headed our way. We have an alpaca farm in Weare, NH, home to 15 right now. As I look out to the barn they are happily munching on hay and are covered with at least 3 inches of snow. We both know how warm and toasty they are underneath all that fiber!
Regards,
Jo

·
Registered
6 Posts
I finished my first alpaca project just before Christmas -- a basic pullover sweater made from Cascade Yarns Baby Alpaca. It was a joy to knit with, such a wonderful feel! So warm! It was like having a blanket on my lap that grew larger as I knit more. Alpaca is incredibly warm and the sweater can be used without a coat down to about 40deg F... not nearly warm enough for you, now, though!

·
Registered
631 Posts
I am on the gulf coast in Alabama and it is cold here, too. 29 degrees this morning. With the humidity and wind it makes me feel like I am back home in Illinois. Ha. I know this is not really cold when you consider that it was 11 below at home but I must like to complain!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am trying out different yarns this year, and bought three skeins of soy/cotton. What to make? Socks, with dual cables up the sock front. I try small projects with new yarns to see if I like to work with them enough to make it through a large project. Just started on heel #1 last night.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I just found and joined your group today. I live in central Indiana, USA.

It is very cold here right now and I am ready for warm weather.

I have been busy organizing all of my types of crafts that I enjoy making.

I hope to meet some new friends on here. Happy Knitting!

Craftybear

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Crafty Bear, I am from Mn.. cold here too. I am new also. I enjoy knitting, quilting and being with friends.. I seem to have an over abundance of projects to do.. but I will get to them someday.. I retired a year ago so have started UFO's but still have many to do.. hope to hear from you again.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hi,

Nice to meet you and I will send you a private message here on the board.

myway123 said:
Hi Crafty Bear, I am from Mn.. cold here too. I am new also. I enjoy knitting, quilting and being with friends.. I seem to have an over abundance of projects to do.. but I will get to them someday.. I retired a year ago so have started UFO's but still have many to do.. hope to hear from you again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It was -35 in Mackinaw "valley" this morning at 6:40am, warmed to a balmy 8 with sun this afternoon, and currently at -1 now at 11:12pm. They are claiming heat wave for us by Tuesday nite, CAN'T WAIT... I currently have a "spring greens" garden growing on the southern windowsill, which can be harvested about every 2-4 days depending on what the cat doesn't destroy during the nite...

·
Registered
7 Posts
We have an alpaca farm and my favorite part of the experience is the gorgoeus yarn that you just have to touch. I participate in local Farmer's Markets and love to interact with knitters who appreciate the fiber. I'm just a beginner knitter, but find it very soothing to work with alpaca on bamboo kneedles.
Jo
Destiny's Farm

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom