Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a simple crew neck pullover sweater pattern in one major color with a second single color stripe across the chest that matches the stripe on the upper arm, possibly with a band of color in the ribbing at the hips. Can't find a pattern that's not ribbed. All ideas welcome. Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I was hoping to not have to figure out how to match the stripes from the body to the sleeves myself. I haven't knitted a sweater in 20 years and am not confident about reworking a pattern my first time out. I've looked on pattern central with no luck except to find a few patterns in rib knit. But thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Ok...knitty.com is another option as is the websites of what I call "department store" yarns..almost all have free patterns, no law says you have to use their yarn as long as the weight of the yarn is the same.

·
Registered
47 Posts
HatsyKnits said:
I'm looking for a simple crew neck pullover sweater pattern in one major color with a second single color stripe across the chest that matches the stripe on the upper arm, possibly with a band of color in the ribbing at the hips. Can't find a pattern that's not ribbed. All ideas welcome. Thanks!
You could do a raglan sweater and put in the stripes/blocks of color where you want them. Check Ravelry if you've joined their site, or check the internet. Just type in free knitting patterns for college team sweaters....good luck

·
Registered
12,214 Posts
I believe www.lionbrand.com has a ribbed pullove mans sweater in the free patterns. It is not difficult to match the color band on arm to band on body. First place color band on body where you want it. The color band on sleeve will go at the same place. Use underarm seam as a guide, another words, if your band on body is an inch down from the underarm, it should be placed an inch down from the underarm seam on the sleeve also. :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,214 Posts
In todays new Newsletter, they posted a pattern for a ribbed pullover, crew neckline, men's sweater. (Just what you were looking for). This is a raglen stlye, making your stipes even easier to place.

HatsyKnits said:
Thanks, it's sounding like this is my best bet. Had hoped to make it paint by numbers but I am good enough at patterns to figure this out. I hope!
:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,214 Posts
In todays new Newsletter, they posted a pattern for a ribbed pullover, crew neckline, men's sweater. (Just what you were looking for). This is a raglen stlye, making your stripes even easier to place.

HatsyKnits said:
Thanks, it's sounding like this is my best bet. Had hoped to make it paint by numbers but I am good enough at patterns to figure this out. I hope!
:thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom