Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has a relative/friend/neighbor who will be going to a new school for the Fall Term in 2012, now's the time to think about knitting a hat/scarf in their new school colors for a surprise gift,especially if they're graduating in May-June. You can go to the new school's web site to find out the school colors...do NOT rely on a relative (especially the child's father!) to tell you the colors.

Of course, if the school is in a warm climate year-round, you can consider making wash cloths or other useful items instead. Fingerless mitts, wrist/leg warmers, slippers are just a few items that come to mind.

Farrow's Rib(all rows,KKP-CO multiples of 3)makes a really nice scarf/hat combo & lends itself well to collegiate stripes. Try a practise swatch to see it.

·
Registered
834 Posts
One year, our church yarn ministry made afghans for each kid in the parish who was graduating from hs in either their college colors or another color of their choice. The kids took them with them to school. Don't hear much from the kids, but the mothers all assure us that their sons or daugthers love having something from back home.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I made them all rice bag frogs. Hand warmer for cold weather, or a nice fix for sore muscles. (I sew)
Also the next year wool mittens, from recycled sweaters. This year crochet, and knitted hats, and scarfs. As we live in Michigan, they use the cold weather stuff.
For graduation from high school, I make them dorm size bed, recycled jean blankets, flannel backed.
My son is 5th year and on his last semester, daughter is 3rd year, and has 2 more to go. Both have doubled degree. Love them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom